Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default OHIO CRANKSHAFTS.....BUYERS BEWARE

I bought a Billet 455 Crank from Ohio Crankshaft. 3 months later I try to put in into my engine....won't fit. Seems it was machined w/ a 400 thrust width. Called and talked to Stan Ray. He bitched cause it was "out of warranty". I told him " This crank sitting in his shipping box didn't make the thrust surface grow". Sent back.
They "fixed it". tried to install again....still didn't fit. Called Stan again and he said he was "washing his hands of it"....it's my baby. Paid to have local machine shop grind it. 'bout a year later...I see Ohio Cranks has a Forged 455 crank on clearance for $275...#1 rod throw has been repaired and all rods & mains are cut .010. I (hesitantly) bought it and a complete bearing set (rods & main) to go with it. Upon receiving it....I noticed that the #1 throw (the one that was repaired) has a small hole in it (like possibly a porous weld). I called about it and they said...It'll be fine. I send it to the local machine shop to get Magna-fluxed. The called me and told me that the "pock" mark is from a porous weld and the #2 throw has a 1 1/2" long crack.
I called them and asked WTF??? They stated that sales on all clearance items are final! I asked him if they wanted me to send it back? They said why? I told them I can't bare to throw it into the scrap pile....maybe you can just sell it to another unsuspecting customer!
Lesson learned the HARD way.
NEVER AGAIN!!
Caviat Emptor my friends....Buyer Beware!
(F#CK ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU..... F#CK ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bnick166 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 02:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd go through it through their front window!

Old 05-01-2020, 02:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Go through it through their front window!

Old 05-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats customer service right there. Yikes!

Old 05-18-2020, 04:33 PM
Boost Engineer

You pay a given price and you get a given quality. Some cranks have really dirty steel. I had some checked at work quite a few years ago and the Scat stuff was really good for being made offshore.
Course you get what you pay for. Bnick166, sorry to read about the lousy service.
I would rank Scat as at the top of the offshore cranks, then the rest of the stuff, Eagle, RPM, etc.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

magnesium sulfide come to my dirty 4340 steel mind.