Old 05-15-2020, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default best masking plastic?

Looking for a good quality anti static masking plastic and source please. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2020, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I never use plastic to mask things off, I stick with the brown paper from Sherwin Williams. From what I have read the painters paper will absorb the paint and not dust off, I have even heard its bad to use newspaper. You can get the brown painter paper in a variety of sizes, I had a 3' roll that I used to paint 2 cars. The stuff will last awhile and its pretty cheap. I tried plastic once and the dried paint flaked off terribly, especially as soon as the pressure of the gun for the next coat came along. For covering stuff up to keep overspray off, the 4 mil stuff is great to have around.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Looking for a good quality anti static masking plastic and source please. Thanks!

We’ve used plastic with good luck. It’s really handy when just doing a repair. We just bag the car with plastic, cut out the area we’re working on and tape it off.
Be sure you use “automotive masking plastic with Corona treatment “. It’s a treatment that keeps the overspray where it should be. Don’t use “painters plastic” from the local hardware.

Good luck!
Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 05-22-2020, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Don Kennetts ...Manchester NH