THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default online scam with the movers and cashiers check

I know this is an old one but sellers beware. the movers and cachiers check scam is still being done as of today. hopefully nobody here has fallen for it. it was on craigslist, but now it seems its on all online for sale apps. I got one today. same old... i am out of town will send cachiers check for over the amount and movers. I always reply cash only till lately. I play into it by replying...No dont send me any money, just sent the movers and i will pay them cash and you can send me a check later after you have inspected it. Sometimes i get the respond and sometimes i dont. One time they responded "really?".... them i responded gotcha ass&@!&...lol

Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By responding you just make yourself more prone to scam attempts, since they know your contact information is valid and goes to a real person. It's best to simply ignore them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post: