73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM

Excellent, Great Work Verne! This will be fun

Larry

Old 11-30-2006, 07:09 PM

Sweet!! Norwalk for sure!!!

Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to GTOken Send a message via MSN to GTOken Send a message via Yahoo to GTOken

Great news for northerners! I predict less than 30 at either location whereas probably 50+ at a single central location. Its still going to be cool to see so many in one place though.

"Life is one big smokey burnout after another." -- me
Old 11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Senior Chief

I would love to go to both, but will only be able to make one. I will be going to Tulsa as I have family in SW Missouri that I am going to visit as part of the trip.

My Dad's 59. The start of my love for Pontiacs!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by billygoatii
I would love to go to both, but will only be able to make one. I will be going to Tulsa as I have family in SW Missouri that I am going to visit as part of the trip.
I'd go to Norwalk...you won't be disappointed.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
I'd go to Norwalk...you won't be disappointed.
That would probably be my first choice, but wife and kids want to see the family in Missouri. To keep them supportive of my hobby, I have to keep them happy too.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Senior Chief

Looks like I might be going to Norwalk afterall.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

That is good news for those of us that are attending there!

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Looks like I might be going to Norwalk afterall.
Well, seeing as how there might be only a few Can Am's in Tulsa..... I guess I'll plan to come to Norwalk also. Sorry Verne, I don't think I can do both . Will Jim Wangers be at Norwalk? I would love for him to autograph my sunvisor or something on my car. I want to go to a place were I can meet and see many other Can Am owners, Tulsa is not looking like the place anymore , though it's a lot closer to me. David

1977 Pontiac Can Am, firethorn interior- buckets/console,tilt,tach and a/c, posi and rally II's. I'm the 4th owner, and happy it's mine! I tried to buy my first one in 1986, 20 years later I finally got one! Then Only after a few fun years, needed to sell it.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to GTOken Send a message via MSN to GTOken Send a message via Yahoo to GTOken

Heck I may not even go at all. Not worth making the trip at all for a meeting of two CanAms.

"Life is one big smokey burnout after another." -- me
Old 12-18-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOken
Heck I may not even go at all. Not worth making the trip at all for a meeting of two CanAms.
How about if everyone that's going to Tulsa would chime in here and let us know, so we can make a plan. It would be a lot less stressful on me and my car to go to Tulsa. I just don't know where to go.... David

1977 Pontiac Can Am, firethorn interior- buckets/console,tilt,tach and a/c, posi and rally II's. I'm the 4th owner, and happy it's mine! I tried to buy my first one in 1986, 20 years later I finally got one! Then Only after a few fun years, needed to sell it.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblsprt68
Well, seeing as how there might be only a few Can Am's in Tulsa..... I guess I'll plan to come to Norwalk also. Sorry Verne, I don't think I can do both . Will Jim Wangers be at Norwalk? I would love for him to autograph my sunvisor or something on my car. I want to go to a place were I can meet and see many other Can Am owners, Tulsa is not looking like the place anymore , though it's a lot closer to me. David
I look forward to seeing you at Norwalk!
I think that if all the C/A owners planning on going to Tulsa would post, you would find more are going to be there than you think. Anyone hear from Bob Cook? Is he planing on going?

Last edited by billygoatii; 12-18-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys, guys, guys...if you want this thing to be a success, at either venue, you've got to support it. I myself will definately be at Norwalk. Tulsa is a definate maybe at this time as well. It only happens once in a lifetime, so you may consider putting up with a little hardship to attend. A year or two from now that hardship won't mean anything, and you'll be glad that you atteneded.

JIM WANGERS WILL BE AT NORWALK...HE ALWAYS IS THERE REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS GOING ON. Jim was at the Pontiacs in the Park event at VMP this past May (you east coasters need to attend this event!), I had him (and Arnie Beswick) autograph my sun visor. Jim acknowledged performance wise, the Can Am was not his favorite, but for ride comfort, handling and style, he said it has always been one of his favorite Pontiacs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wangers.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	76154  

Old 12-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

I am bringing my two Can Ams to Norwalk. I am looking forward to meeting everyone there.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone here with a 4-speed conversion in their Can-Am using all factory parts that's coming to Norwalk? I'd love to take a look at one in person.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Anyone here with a 4-speed conversion in their Can-Am using all factory parts that's coming to Norwalk? I'd love to take a look at one in person.
I bet Rich (WW3) will be there.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Guys, guys, guys...if you want this thing to be a success, at either venue, you've got to support it. I myself will definately be at Norwalk. Tulsa is a definate maybe at this time as well. It only happens once in a lifetime, so you may consider putting up with a little hardship to attend. A year or two from now that hardship won't mean anything, and you'll be glad that you atteneded.

JIM WANGERS WILL BE AT NORWALK...HE ALWAYS IS THERE REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS GOING ON. Jim was at the Pontiacs in the Park event at VMP this past May (you east coasters need to attend this event!), I had him (and Arnie Beswick) autograph my sun visor. Jim acknowledged performance wise, the Can Am was not his favorite, but for ride comfort, handling and style, he said it has always been one of his favorite Pontiacs.
I do not look at this as a competition beteen the venues. The only reason for 2 venues is to include as many CanAms as possible. Even though the people going to Norwalk have been more vocal, I still think there will be a good turnout at Tulsa!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
I do not look at this as a competition beteen the venues. The only reason for 2 venues is to include as many CanAms as possible. Even though the people going to Norwalk have been more vocal, I still think there will be a good turnout at Tulsa!

I agree.. We need to bring our cars out and make a great showing at both events.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Jim said the same thing when I met him at the 2005 GM Nats at Carlisle. He did not speak too highly of the 1973 GTO during the same conversation I had with him. He thought the 1974 GTO was a better package, even though to him it was just a rebadged 1968 Nova.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't look at it that way either. People closer to Tulsa will tend to watn to go there instead. I just saw a few comments about a possible "low turnout" at Tulsa and people thinking "why bother". You gotta' support it, regardless of which venue you choose to go to.