73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 12-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear that, but glad you are recovering. Good luck!

Old 12-02-2017, 11:25 PM

Default 73 for me

Thanks for the well wishes guys! I really appreciate it.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 PM

Talking Still hangine in there.

Guys, It's been awhile since I posted here. I have been recovering from whipple surgury for Pancreatic Cancer. I have a way to go but I am still kicking. Kudos to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix for their excellent care, and amazing medical staff.

Back to Pontiac stuff. My saddle tan vinyl horsecollar seats bottoms need to be replaced. I understand that they use the same upholstery pattern as the deluxe interior 73 Trans Am. I would like to order a reproduction bucket seat kit. Legendary and PUI offer kits. What is the difference between the two? Is there a better supplier that tends to keep kits in stock for quick shipment? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to see you back, and best wishes for a full recovery.

I've used PUI, and it's pretty good for the price. I haven't used Legendary, but the word on the forums is that it's the best quality, but costs more, and takes longer to get.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Steve,
Thanks for the info on the upholstery kits. I am not in that big a hurry so I might spring for the Legendary kit. I only need the two from seats so I don't mind paying a bit more.

Another question. Is anyone here running the FI Tech fuel injection? I rode in a friends car that had this system and I was very impressed with the driveability and throttle response. This engine was bone stock and felt very strong compared to how it ran with the original Quadrajet.