Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Senior Chief

Default Info needed Johnson hylift hydraulic lifters b-0951

I have this set of new lifters been on the shelf for years. Putting a cam in a 428 and plan to use them if they are decent lifters. putting in a 744 cam in 428 for a daily driver. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lifters.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	521753  

Old 10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you'll scroll down to page 71, you'll see that the part number for the stock replacement type Pontiac lifters is A-0951.

But, that is for a box of 16 lifters. The box in your pic is part #B-0951. So, I assume that the "B" prefix was used for the box which contains only 4 lifters. Therefore, I assume that the B-0951 & A-0951 are numbers for different quantities of the same lifter.

http://toplineauto.com/wp-content/up...on-Catalog.pdf

Although many here recommend the Hylift Johnson "R" lifters, I figure the standard replacement lifters are as good as any other USA made Pontiac HFT lifters, and probably better than those made in other countries.

"...plan to use them if they are decent lifters..."

I see no reason why they shouldn't be plenty good for your app.

Last edited by ponyakr; 10-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.