Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 05-29-2017, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Out of the whole weekend we only got 6 runs in! Very disappointing to say the least.

Jeremy did great clicking off high 12's all weekend long, I fought traction and shifting problems but the car finally settled in and I clicked off two nearly identical 13.36 runs at 103.67 for the final 2 rounds. Not where I wanted to be but far better then where its been.

It was a great weekend - weather was good, the cars & car show were great, got to meet a few more board members - all in all a great time!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Weather was great. Drove the GTO 180 miles round trip including several triple digit blasts on the mile long straights of route 22. Car ran flawlessly and I haven't changed a spark plug in 5+ years. Tripower was at full song many many times. Did notice some blue smoke after the high speed blasts, but my buddy in the 68 bird behind me appreciated the mosquito preventative.

Jeremy and Chris did great and I admire their dedication. Racing is alot of money, effort, and time. But they do it with a smile on their face ( mostly ).

Always an eye opener on how fast some cars run that look like yet another muscle car and how slow some others are whilst making lots of noise and smoke. The best make it look REAL easy.

The car show was probably the largest I have ever seen at Musclepalooza and I have been going for many years. Saw some old friends who are icons in the hobby like Paul Menin.

Had a nice convoy of about 10 classics on the way home, some I traveled with, some didn't know, but was a great ride. Got home and had burgers/dogs with the family. Cleaned the car, put it on the lift, shower, ice cream and fell asleep watching the news !

Awesome day.

2016 Chevy SS; Sold
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
2008 Infiniti G35x
Old 05-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like an awesome day, aside from the lack of 1/4 runs. One of these days I'll get up there

469, M21, 3.42

Old 05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The PY section of the pits- Me, The Boss and DaveM.

Racing was ok- my car was a bit off, but considering that I hadn't touched it since last year-(it even had 1/2 a tank of last years gas!) I couldn't complain.

Weather was perfect- not too hot, not too cold. Saturday was more crowded than normal- LVD was hosting Bikes At The Valley so there were a ton of bikes that limited our runs. Musclepalooza car count was good- FAST had a great turnout with 26+ cars. I thought I heard them say the car show was the biggest ever.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 05-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

My son, Jacob and I had a great weekend hanging out with old friends. And meeting new. Jacob made some nice passes on the track in his 89 Formula, with a mild 400, with h several passes in the mid to high 14s. My car was a bit more of a challenge. Couldn't hook on Saturday. And I had kind of the opposite problem on Sunday. Only 30 miles on my motor before the weekend. So I think there's plenty of room for improvement. Thanks to The Boss, Goatless and many others for all the advice and morale support! And for my son/mechanic Jacob for everything he's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

another great day at the Valley...they said the biggest turnout yet...last year was over 800...this is one show you should not miss...Labor day weekend is the next one

Old 05-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtospieg View Post
another great day at the Valley...they said the biggest turnout yet...last year was over 800...this is one show you should not miss...Labor day weekend is the next one

Is that 800 just for me the show? Or does that include race cars too?

Old 05-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Is that 800 just for me ?
Yup! Just for you!

I believe that was just the show.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 05-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default Musclepalooza XXIII May 29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Yup! Just for you!

I believe that was just the show.

Damn autocorrect. . I have no idea where the "me" came from. But I was happy they all showed up.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The guys at the Hemmings booth said they sold 4000 t-shirts! Every year he said they bring more and every year they sell more - sold out before it was time to pack up.

Great group of guys and the cars were all top notch!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After I check the car in and go through tech the first thing I do is get my t-shirt...I think I have 17 different ones now.