Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 11-03-2023, 02:37 PM

Default 1968 Firebird Bench Seat Cover in Pearl or Pearl Vinyl Available?

Just spend a frustrating two hours hunting front seat cover. Although PUI is now owned by Classic, they know nothing. Calling PUI was fruitless and Distinctive was a dead end. The reseller web needs to be streamlined...

Anyone have a complete front bench seat cover for a '68 Bird?

Or servicable used vinyl where I can patch the seats while I wait four months for some to be made?

Many thanks. Scammers need not apply...

Mike

Old 11-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased NOS comfort weave from SMS for our 69 Firebird and had a local shop make a complete bench seat cover assembly. I did ours in the factory blue deluxe and put it in our convertible. It is not factory correct based on color but I wanted it that way. The seat came out beautifully. We disassembled the factory crusty black seat by seam ripping each stitch to give us exact templates. We also made our own new foam.

Tim

Old 11-10-2023, 01:55 PM

Legendary Sells covers with the correct metallic Pearl for a 68, and they do have patterns for the front benches as well.

I did a friends 68 firebird convertible a couple years back, and he replaced old PUI covers that were just "white" with the correct metallic Pearl ones from legendary, and they looked fantastic.

Old 11-11-2023, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

many years ago faced with the poor copies of PUI covers,we made a deal to send them some covers to have reproduced.
They promised to address the faint heat pressing and lack of the pillowed pleats.
Sent several sets,69 bench seat,67-9 standard,68,69 comfortweave etc.
After many months we got the covers back with a note that they(PUI) werent interested in doing any.
Whats odd is all the covers were disassembled so it seems they did this to make patterns.
The flat heat pressed issue still hasnt been fixed.
Hats off to Legendary for going the extra bit to make a good set.
Mike,did your set have the Madrid grain vinyl or was it true comfortweave? what month was car built?