Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-08-2019, 05:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Mike ran his number in 40 something degree temps I did mine in 85 degree temp, he had 18-19 to 1 compression with my compression and boost numbers mine comes out to 16 to 1. My camshaft is around .720 lift.........I’ll bet his was closer to .900. His engine was 555 cubes mine is 525, my engine is made to stay together, his had a zipper on it. Same track same day I would easily gap him without my car breaking a sweat. FACT!
Listen Mikes car was fast for what it was.....please don’t compare my car to his!

GTO George
18-1 and a 565. 4.65 Bryant.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Please answer my original two questions....dont need to listen to some guy yapping third and fourth hand opinions.
Myself......... you know and everyone else knows what I have done with engines and at the track. Its no secrete. My High Port engine is ready to assemble as soon as I get the crank back from being re balanced. Never ran a set of them yet. Now what do you want to bet I have been down the track more than you buddy.
What you are trying to do is you want to gasslight me. Because I have not personally ported a head and ran 7s or 8s does not mean I do not know there is more power potential in a set of High Ports than a E head.
Mikes engine was a freak of nature with more money, thought and effort put in it than you will ever seen dome with a E headed Pontiac again, ever. The engine was more than the sum of its parts designed to do only what it did and nothing else. It was also a big experiment that much was learned on. Unconventional thinking went into it.
Those High Ports go over 30cfm more than ANY E head, first crack. I know, its just cfm. Mike told me he thought John could get 480 if he offset valves like you do in a class engine.
See, what you are trying to do is change people opinions about me. Think you make me look bad.
Everyone knows High Ports have a raised port and more area to work with, thus more power potential in the right hands. Its just a known thing in our small world.
What you need to worry about is not gasslighting lil ol me. What you do need to do is stop being a copycat (allegedly) Stop asking for pics (allegedly) of others intakes and heads. Trying too hard dude. Top head/intake guys do not go on forums and argue with bracket racers. Its a bad look, and not good for business.
We all know it starts at the E head, goes to High Ports and then Tigers in the PMD head world.
Hows that yapping third and fourth handed opinion for ya ?

Yep chief, off the rails.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The fastest pontiac powered door car in my area runs in the 6 second range. Way over 3000 pounds. There are several that are close to that in various other engine configurations. Running 7.98 with a blower on alcohol considerably lighter is not a crown. I miss Mike he was transparent and real.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbigb View Post
The fastest pontiac powered door car in my area runs in the 6 second range. Way over 3000 pounds. There are several that are close to that in various other engine configurations. Running 7.98 with a blower on alcohol considerably lighter is not a crown. I miss Mike he was transparent and real.
I NEVER said my 7.98 was a record or a crown.......it is what it is and no more, a 7.98 pass!
The quickest Pontiac door car ever in Michigan (I think) would be Marty, then it would be Roger Ibbotson.

GTO George

Old 12-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe put 'currently' in Michigan?

If someone wants to take over, they can move to MI.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Maybe put 'currently' in Michigan?

If someone wants to take over, they can move to MI.

Well that’s what it is suppose to be but I guess with some people you gotts to spell it out! LOL!

GTO George

Old 12-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Suspended

Mike was a class act George no class ..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mark G For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Myself......... you know and everyone else knows what I have done with engines and at the track. Its no secrete. My High Port engine is ready to assemble as soon as I get the crank back from being re balanced. Never ran a set of them yet. Now what do you want to bet I have been down the track more than you buddy.
What you are trying to do is you want to gasslight me. Because I have not personally ported a head and ran 7s or 8s does not mean I do not know there is more power potential in a set of High Ports than a E head.
Mikes engine was a freak of nature with more money, thought and effort put in it than you will ever seen dome with a E headed Pontiac again, ever. The engine was more than the sum of its parts designed to do only what it did and nothing else. It was also a big experiment that much was learned on. Unconventional thinking went into it.
Those High Ports go over 30cfm more than ANY E head, first crack. I know, its just cfm. Mike told me he thought John could get 480 if he offset valves like you do in a class engine.
See, what you are trying to do is change people opinions about me. Think you make me look bad.
Everyone knows High Ports have a raised port and more area to work with, thus more power potential in the right hands. Its just a known thing in our small world.
What you need to worry about is not gasslighting lil ol me. What you do need to do is stop being a copycat (allegedly) Stop asking for pics (allegedly) of others intakes and heads. Trying too hard dude. Top head/intake guys do not go on forums and argue with bracket racers. Its a bad look, and not good for business.
We all know it starts at the E head, goes to High Ports and then Tigers in the PMD head world.
Hows that yapping third and fourth handed opinion for ya ?

Yep chief, off the rails.
Chief started with ported iron, went to Eheads for a period back in small tire nitrous days before the show from there he went to ported Hi Port, hated those and decided to try the Tiger head but of course he had some issues with those on large loads of nitrous. He has now come full circle back to the most dependable and fast head he has ever run which is the Ehead.

I have watched your postings over the years and even though you have never raced with any aluminum head on your car out there you like to put it out there that you know everything about every head. There is a lot more to being fast than just CFM... you do realize Chief is running 3.90’s NPK legal with standard port Eheads. He hasn’t even ever tried a wide port yet and he is already faster than any other Pontiac door car out there and even cars with some pretty exotic stuff like billet blocks, hemi Pontiac, etc... heck it wasn’t that long ago you were touting that set of eheads you had that you never ran and then you make a call to KRE and all of a sudden you are a Hi Port nut hugger. I had a rivalry a few years back with a local racer in a G-body Pontiac and he got a set of the 330 CFM hi ports and built a 13-1 462 and was running at a race weight of 3120 and my 314 CFM eheads on my 462 at 3340 lbs in my green 69 GTO would spank that ass 10 out of 10 times. He was the most pissed I have ever seen anyone and he sold the whole mess and completely left racing because he couldn’t get around me even though he just knew he had far superior parts.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Chief started with ported iron, went to Eheads for a period back in small tire nitrous days before the show from there he went to ported Hi Port, hated those and decided to try the Tiger head but of course he had some issues with those on large loads of nitrous. He has now come full circle back to the most dependable and fast head he has ever run which is the Ehead.

I have watched your postings over the years and even though you have never raced with any aluminum head on your car out there you like to put it out there that you know everything about every head. There is a lot more to being fast than just CFM... you do realize Chief is running 3.90’s NPK legal with standard port Eheads. He hasn’t even ever tried a wide port yet and he is already faster than any other Pontiac door car out there and even cars with some pretty exotic stuff like billet blocks, hemi Pontiac, etc... heck it wasn’t that long ago you were touting that set of eheads you had that you never ran and then you make a call to KRE and all of a sudden you are a Hi Port nut hugger. I had a rivalry a few years back with a local racer in a G-body Pontiac and he got a set of the 330 CFM hi ports and built a 13-1 462 and was running at a race weight of 3120 and my 314 CFM eheads on my 462 at 3340 lbs in my green 69 GTO would spank that ass 10 out of 10 times. He was the most pissed I have ever seen anyone and he sold the whole mess and completely left racing because he couldn’t get around me even though he just knew he had far superior parts.
EHTTF!

Old 12-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Who's running hemi Pontiacs?

Old 12-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Great post!

You are attempting to educate a close minded person whose primary source of information comes from a fellow who posts borrowed Internet dyno sheets and claims them for his own. His secondary wisdom comes from any unsuspecting vendor that thinks he might be a potential customer.

That story is hilarious about the guy that bought the hi-ports to beat you and then sold everything because he failed.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
EHTTF!
Truth!

Old 12-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Great post!

You are attempting to educate a close minded person whose primary source of information comes from a fellow who posts borrowed Internet dyno sheets and claims them for his own. His secondary wisdom comes from any unsuspecting vendor that thinks he might be a potential customer.

That story is hilarious about the guy that bought the hi-ports to beat you and then sold everything because he failed.
Are you sure you want to accuse anyone of "secondary wisdom"??????
Sure about that ?

Old 12-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Are you sure you want to accuse anyone of "secondary wisdom"??????
Sure about that ?
It's been said by many you are an idiot, I never thought that but you sure have had your share of dumb posts lately. I have no idea what you mean by that comment, but if it's in regards to your second hand comments.... I said they are third and fourth hand....and yes, I stand by that statement. It is correct. Other than a crap ton of low eleven second and some high ten second passes you've accomplished very little in the Pontiac world.

I've never seen another person that wants to keep rambling and have zero regard for getting anything correct... Anyone points it out and you get all butt sore and come up with some paranoid theory about how someone is trying to manipulate you in some way...you're really not that important. Just stick to posting what you actually know, not what others tell you.... I'm sure you have something worthwhile you can post.

Last edited by PAUL K; 12-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
It's been said by many you are an idiot, I never thought that but you sure have had your share of dumb posts lately. I have no idea what you mean by that comment, but if it's in regards to your second hand comments.... I said they are third and fourth hand....and yes, I stand by that statement. It is correct. Other than a crap ton of low eleven second and some high ten second passes you've accomplished very little in the Pontiac world.

I've never seen another person that wants to keep rambling and have zero regard for getting anything correct... Anyone points it out and you get all butt sore and come up with some paranoid theory about how someone is trying to manipulate you in some way...you're really not that important. Just stick to posting what you actually know, not what others tell you.... I'm sure you have something worthwhile you can post.
Oh god damn....man down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2991.gif
Views:	243
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	526343  

Old 12-09-2019, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Full derailment has occurred.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And this is why the post should have stayed locked...

Old 12-10-2019, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Tell you what, take your E heads and a set of HPs to BES, who has no dog in the fight and see which they would use as a all out race head between the two.
Why didn't you sell slowbird some of your "free shipping E heads" when he wanted to upgrade past his Barton High Ports ? You think maybe he and Barton don't know what is a better race head ? Better yet, you got you 200 bucks off the heads for him. Why didn't you port them ? BTW, bet I could have got that off and then some.
E heads are great. With what they are doing with their new LS chamber head and a little extra meat in them there is not much of a reason to buy High Ports anymore IMO. But it does not mean they are a better race head.
Why would Mike move on from the E head to High Ports ? Who is smarter than his guys ? Short list. The only reason, since he was a all out NA gasoline guy was the High Port had more to offer him. There could be no other reason.

I am not wrong on this and you calling me names will not change that. Must be getting to you.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Better yet, you got you 200 bucks off the heads for him. Why didn't you port them ? BTW, bet I could have got that off and then some.
What the hell are you taking about?? Do you just make this up as you go? You allergic to facts?

Old 12-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
What the hell are you taking about?? Do you just make this up as you go? You allergic to facts?
See post #94