Tri-Power Tech 57-66 Tri-Power Talk

Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Default 61 Bonneville tri-power help needed badly

Can anyone out there please post or email me some detailed photos of a factory correct 1961 Tri-Power setup from both sides (correct vacuum setup, not a converted mechanical one). My carbs and attaching items were stolen off my 425A Bonne, and I'd really like to see some good photos of factory correct parts from as many angles as possible. Also, what are the correct carb numbers for a manual-shift car? It'll be a long and tedious process chasing down all the correct items, but it has to be done. Many thanks!

Matt

Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a '61 Bonneville 425A tripower car but it was converted to mechanical linkage. Do you have a copy of the factory service manual? There's a section in there on tripower setups and I think it has some decent illustrations of how things are supposed to look.

I can get the tag numbers off my car and post them later.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Matt that is a bummer. Makes you want to kill someone. Parts are around but it may take you a while to get it all together. Might just want to start with Dick Boneske or Mike Wasson and see what they have. There are a few other possibilities also. Guy in MO near St Louis but off hand I don't remember his name but maybe he will chime in her soon anyway. I know Mike had some of the vacuum stuff that I traded to him a while back but that vacuum actuator was from a 64 not a 61. They do mount different but the other parts are pretty much interchangable year to year. But because the 64 actuator mounted different than 61 you would need the correct front throttle shaft arm for the 61. Watch that as you search for carbs as it did change over the years.

The tag numbers for the stick model in 61 were 7019064 for the center and I think 7013063 for the front and 7013065 for the rear. I'll attach a few pictures I picked over the years that might help. I'd get pictures off mine if they would help but I have converted to progressive already. These pictures are supposed to be 61 and look right but I didn't shoot them so take it with a grain of salt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!B+4s),wEGk~$(KGrHqMOKogEy+jC025(BNBGn5r6Pw~~_12.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	360713   Click image for larger version

Name:	!B+4s1BQB2k~$(KGrHqYOKjoEzJV!tFsrBNBGoR57+!~~_12.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	360714   Click image for larger version

Name:	!B+4s2SgBmk~$(KGrHqIOKooEy+jC)yvmBNBGoZQYj!~~_12.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	360715   Click image for larger version

Name:	!B+4sz4w!2k~$(KGrHqQOKowEy+jCzRd1BNBGoKsj8!~~_12.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	360716  

Old 09-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I may know where one is that could be for sale.
complete trooper with air cleaner

Its either a 60 or 61

1969 firebird, pro touring build. Full Global West suspension 474 Stroker with Molnar Crank and Rods, DCI Ram Air 5 Top end, Holley fuel injection, Vince Janis 200-4R trans

"There is no such thing as too much horsepower"