Old 01-26-2002, 05:43 PM

I know that many GTOs and Lemans around 1970 had CID (ex 350) emblems mounted to the rocker panel moulding under the door and fender. I am attempting the installation of new "455" emblems on the rocker moulding of my 1972 GP. Does any one know how far back the LEADING edge of the emblem is supposed to be rearward of the LEADING edge of the actual rocker panel trim? Also the two emblems are different. One 'leans' to the right and one leans to the left. I need to know which one goes on which side. I think they both go on so that the tops of the numbers leans forward. You may reply directly to me at
billn@sine-comm.com

Thanx,

Bill N.
1972 Grand Prix Model SJ 455

Old 01-26-2002, 05:43 PM

I know that many GTOs and Lemans around 1970 had CID (ex 350) emblems mounted to the rocker panel moulding under the door and fender. I am attempting the installation of new "455" emblems on the rocker moulding of my 1972 GP. Does any one know how far back the LEADING edge of the emblem is supposed to be rearward of the LEADING edge of the actual rocker panel trim? Also the two emblems are different. One 'leans' to the right and one leans to the left. I need to know which one goes on which side. I think they both go on so that the tops of the numbers leans forward. You may reply directly to me at
billn@sine-comm.com

Thanx,

Bill N.
1972 Grand Prix Model SJ 455

Old 01-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill:
I checked on my 70 Le Mans Sport. The top of the emblem leans foward, and the most foward part of the emblem is 4 inches behind the rear of the wheel opening.

Seems like a really neat mod, how about a picture on the list when done?

KV

Old 01-30-2002, 08:36 AM

Keith,
I measured the placement of the emblems on my 68 Lemans and also sent them to Bill, and he was kind enough to send me some photos and history on his car, I have it posted on my website. Below is a link-

Kurt

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/Bills72GrandPrix.html

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Kurt Zimmerman ]</p>