Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Factory rear spoiler on 70 LeMans Sport?

Could a LeMans be ordered with one? I'm adding a hood tach, 69 stripes (both available on a 70 LeMans, right?) and now thinking about a deck lid spoiler but whether or not it was an option will sway my decision.

The car is lime-gold (a 2005 Ford color, close to palmetto green), it is getting olive-yellow-white stripes and keeping the steelies and dog dish caps.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to kylek350

You mean originally from the factory? I don't believe so. In fact, I believe the spoiler was only available on The Judge (not even a base GTO). It may have something you could order from Pontiac to install yourself.

The '69 decals would have only come on the GT-37, again not the LeMans. Pretty sure the hood tach was GTO-only.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Most anything could be installed by the dealer including 428 engine, wing, stripes, purple polka dots, stereos, mags, etc, etc but, not factory built. The Lemans was not a performance offering by Pontiac most years, including 1970. It could be optioned as a sporty offering if the buyer chose to.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch View Post
Could a LeMans be ordered with one? I'm adding a hood tach, 69 stripes (both available on a 70 LeMans, right?) and now thinking about a deck lid spoiler but whether or not it was an option will sway my decision.

The car is lime-gold (a 2005 Ford color, close to palmetto green), it is getting olive-yellow-white stripes and keeping the steelies and dog dish caps.
Go for it... the way I looked at it when I was "upgrading" mine was if it was available over the parts counter that year (and I liked it) I was going to add it to my car. GTO hood, hood tach, rear wing, sport stripe, Formula steering wheel, tilt steering and console (former column shift car), Hurst dual-gate shifter, etc.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the stripe and the hood tach could be ordered on a lemans, the spoiler would be a dealer option, as said, its a Judge thing

the stripe would be d98 rally stripe..early in the year...theres documented 70 GTOs with the 69 stripe...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 08-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

there is / was ( i just havent seen him in a few years) a guy that has a 70 lemans that he oredered new and i have seen the paperwork and original window sticker. it has a 400 engine, formula wheel and rear spoiler. i have a 71 gto non judge that has the rear spoiler also.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal70lemans View Post
Go for it... the way I looked at it when I was "upgrading" mine was if it was available over the parts counter that year (and I liked it) I was going to add it to my car. GTO hood, hood tach, rear wing, sport stripe, Formula steering wheel, tilt steering and console (former column shift car), Hurst dual-gate shifter, etc.

Scott

Nice looking car!

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal70lemans View Post

Scott

This is seriously exactly how i want my poncho to look like except Grenada gold, what a gorgeous car (and i envy the hurst dual-gate).

Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Nice looking car!
Thank you, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howthenotesbend View Post
This is seriously exactly how i want my poncho to look like except Grenada gold, what a gorgeous car (and i envy the hurst dual-gate).
Thanks... Granada Gold is a very nice color and I look forward to seeing progress reports in your restoration thread (post lots of pics).

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT