Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Default '62 Cat KYB Shock Questions

I know the shock topic has been discussed many times but I have a few open issues that need your help. ‘62 Cat will be on standard height springs & tires so shock travel should be near stock. From what I have been able to read from past posts:

1) Fronts have been listed as either KG 4515 or KG 4550. KYB website lists the dimension differences but either should work. What have you used?

2) Rear choice seems to be only KG 5438 that has 5/8” rubber bushings on either end. I will need to install a sleeve for the upper mount, however McMaster Carr & MSC do not have anything 5/8” OD x 7/16” ID x 1 3/4” long. Any ideas as I do not have OE shocks to reuse those sleeves? Otherwise will have to look for 3/8” schedule 40 pipe or 5/8” tubing stock to cut to length. EBAY metal vendor has something that looks promising.

Well aware of the other shock choices but the KYB Gas-A-Just looks like a good cost effective & performance-based product for my vehicle.