Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default '31 Pontiac Hi Boy Roadster w/ 389 power

Hey, I just saw this on ebay! How cool and with a real Pontiac motor in it too! That is a very nice change. I just hate seeing the blase' 350 chev/350 turbo in everything older than '48.
Ebay # 330162557910

Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org
"Real Pontiacs only...no corporate nonsense!"

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That is a great looking car. To bad they did not leave it a coupe that would have made it cooler in my book. Pat

Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak
How cool and with a real Pontiac motor in it too! That is a very nice change. I just hate seeing the blase' 350 chev/350 turbo in everything older than '48.
I couldn't agree with you more Steve! It's a treat to see an old Ford with a flat head and for a Pontiac guy it's great to see something like this '32 Pontiac complete with tri-power! I used to see this one around here at shows and cruises all the time- haven't seen it lately though. http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-19...ream-fa-sy.jpg

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 AM

I agree also guys. It seems like street rods these days are cookie cuttered out. They all have 350/350's from a crate and they all have plastic bodies. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I've seen some beautiful ones that I would kill for. I am an old Chebby guy but I stumbled onto a '38 Pontiac 2 door sedan flat back. Since my dad was a Pontiac man I had to have it. And it only seems right that it should have Pontiac power. So I found a 1960 389 that I'm rebuilding for it. It will have tri-power, long branches, and a TH400. In fact Steve is selling me some rockers for it. I've gotten lots of help from this forum. Hopefully next summer, if not finished, it will be driveable. Thanks to all of you who have and might furnish knowlege and suggestions.

k.c.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's neat. There's a '30s Poncho 4dr around here running a 389 tripower with R/A manifolds. It's not even chopped so it looks pretty stock.

1962 Grand Prix - Cameo Ivory|389 4sp|One-Owner Survivor
1964 GTO HT - Silvermist Grey|389 3x2s 4spd|A/C|Hurst Wheels|Frame-off|SOLD
1965 GTO Post - Mayfair Maize|421 3x2s TKO600|Pro-Touring|
1966 GTO HT - Barrier Blue|389 3x2s 4spd|Red Fenderliners
2005 GTO Coupe - Yellow Jacket|Magnacharged LS2 6sp|543hp/561tq|SOLD
2006 GTO Coupe - Spice Red|LS2 6sp|20k orig miles
Old 09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

I thought it was pricey though. Could it be worth that much? I was thinking half of that but, I di not know.
KC- I did get your order and I will pull and ship your parts before I go on my cross country road trip in my GTO.

Would you mind posting some pics of your '38 here? I am sure many of us would love to see it in any condition. Before pics are sometimes better or as good as the after pics.
Thank you for buying from me and your patience too.
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

"Real Pontiacs only...no corporate nonsense!"

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Steve,

The only pictures I have of it were taken with my 35mm camera. I do intend to get them scanned and put into digital format so that I can post them. Then if my cousin ever returns my new Canon digital I will take some progress shots. Thanks for asking and thanks for the update on my order.