67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Senior Chief

Default Pontiacs I have owned 69 Firebird

I started a spreadsheet of all the Pontiacs I have owned. I then decided to create a video of those I have content for. Below is a link to a 69 Firebird I used to own. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel you will be notified when a new video is posted. I have held title to 33 Pontiacs including A, B and F body cars. I will be creating videos for a 67 Firebird, 78 Formula, 2000 TA WS6 convertible 6 speed, and 89 TTA soon.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7NpfmXjAc0

Mark Cronk

Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 AM

Nice car. Do you still have it?

Old 08-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Senior Chief

No I sold it a couple of years ago. Went to upstate New York. It was a nice car that performed great and was easy to drive. At the time I had the 66 GP for sale but no offers so I put the Firebird up for sale and it sold in two weeks. A few months later someone called me on the 66 GP and I ended up selling it too. Wish I could have kept the Firebird. BTW my 2000 TA WS6 convertible 6 speed is for sale. It is all original and only has 16,000 miles on it.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiacs that I've owned...

1970 GTO 455 4-speed Ram Air Posi car. White with a red interior, I bought it for $1500 when I was 16 in 1978, The love of my life... it's what started it all.
1980 Turbo Trans AM. Maroon with a red interior. It was gutless, but damn it looked cool. Drove it for about 5 years.
1970 GTO convertible 4 speed. I bought it in Mississippi in about 1983for $1500. It had a dash fire and the insurance let me buy it back for $350. I installed a dash from a Lemans and sold it in CA a few years later for $1500. The guy who bought it brought it back to show me the convertible top he installed which was crooked as hell.
1969 Firebird red with a black interior. My first 69. When you put your feet on the baseboards you feel the rust crunching. Stock car but looked awesome. Sold it for about $2500.
1970 GTO hardtop. Green car I bought in the mid 80's for $200. Sold the hood and nose off of it and sent the rest to the junkyard. This car was a perfectly rust free CA car, but back then they were just cars.
1969 GTO. Bought it for $400 and sold it weeks later for $1K. Nice brown car that didn't run. The guy asked me when he bought how much I paid for it. I told him, "less than you did."
1968 Lemans convert. Had all the parts to build it but moved out of state (CA) in 1997 and sold it for next to nothing.
Also sold a 1969 green Firebird 4 speed I bought out of Pick-A-Part in the mid 90's for $1500. Sold it for $1500 with a lot of NOS parts. Backstory, but not worth telling. I was moving and it had to go. This car was a factory 4-speed with #62 heads. It was bone stock green/green car and ran pretty good with almost no options. I wrote Keith McCartney a letter asking if 4-speeds came with #62's and he confirmed they did.
Late 50's truck with a Pontiac engine. I bought it for $1K and sold it for $1200. It was a Chevy truck with a factory Pontiac engine. Wish I still had that one.
1979 Pontiac T/A auto no rust gold with tan auto car I bought for $3200 in the early 2000's with a rebuilt 455 Olds engine that ran really well (had about 80K on it). I sold it to some guy about 7 years ago who had Leukemia and had about 5 years to live for a loss. Best decision I ever made.

Cars I own now.
1975 Trans AM 400 auto. Bought it off eBay about 13 years ago. Red with a black interior. It's currently in the shop getting a 400 rebuilt. Edelbrock top end a lot of hot rod toys. It will be for sale once I get the title worked out.
1969 Firebird 350 HO auto convert Champagne with a green interior and green top... a true Pontiac freak. Currently is triple white with a rebuilt 400. I'll never sell this car and have all the stuff to take it back to its original colors, but the engine I really don't care about. The 400 runs great and an original auto 350HO XC engine is impossible to find,
1969 350HO convertible 350 HO 4-speed 3:55 posi. Silver with a black interior... I have almost all the parts to bring it back including a true 350HO rebuilt engine that came from Canada. Odd thing about the block is that it also has a Camaro stamp? The car will be for sale once I get it running. Funny backstory, but I'll keep that one to myself.

I think that's it, but I'm sure I forgot a few of more.

Last edited by thews; 08-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
Pontiacs that I've owned...

1970 GTO 455 4-speed Ram Air Posi car. White with a red interior, I bought it for $1500 when I was 16 in 1978, The love of my life... it's what started it all.
1980 Turbo Trans AM. Maroon with a red interior. It was gutless, but damn it looked cool. Drove it for about 5 years.
1970 GTO convertible 4 speed. I bought it in Mississippi in about 1983for $1500. It had a dash fire and the insurance let me buy it back for $350. I installed a dash from a Lemans and sold it in CA a few years later for $1500. The guy who bought it brought it back to show me the convertible top he installed which was crooked as hell.
1969 Firebird red with a black interior. My first 69. When you put your feet on the baseboards you feel the rust crunching. Stock car but looked awesome. Sold it for about $2500.
1970 GTO hardtop. Green car I bought in the mid 80's for $200. Sold the hood and nose off of it and sent the rest to the junkyard. This car was a perfectly rust free CA car, but back then they were just cars.
1969 GTO. Bought it for $400 and sold it weeks later for $1K. Nice brown car that didn't run. The guy asked me when he bought how much I paid for it. I told him, "less than you did."
1968 Lemans convert. Had all the parts to build it but moved out of state (CA) in 1997 and sold it for next to nothing.
Also sold a 1969 green Firebird 4 speed I bought out of Pick-A-Part in the mid 90's for $1500. Sold it for $1500 with a lot of NOS parts. Backstory, but not worth telling. I was moving and it had to go. This car was a factory 4-speed with #62 heads. It was bone stock green/green car and ran pretty good with almost no options. I wrote Keith McCartney a letter asking if 4-speeds came with #62's and he confirmed they did.
Late 50's truck with a Pontiac engine. I bought it for $1K and sold it for $1200. It was a Chevy truck with a factory Pontiac engine. Wish I still had that one.
1979 Pontiac T/A auto no rust gold with tan auto car I bought for $3200 in the early 2000's with a rebuilt 455 Olds engine that ran really well (had about 80K on it). I sold it to some guy about 7 years ago who had Leukemia and had about 5 years to live for a loss. Best decision I ever made.

Cars I own now.
1975 Trans AM 400 auto. Bought it off eBay about 13 years ago. Red with a black interior. It's currently in the shop getting a 400 rebuilt. Edelbrock top end a lot of hot rod toys. It will be for sale once I get the title worked out.
1969 Firebird 350 HO auto convert Champagne with a green interior and green top... a true Pontiac freak. Currently is triple white with a rebuilt 400. I'll never sell this car and have all the stuff to take it back to its original colors, but the engine I really don't care about. The 400 runs great and an original auto 350HO XC engine is impossible to find,
1969 350HO convertible 350 HO 4-speed 3:55 posi. Silver with a black interior... I have almost all the parts to bring it back including a true 350HO rebuilt engine that came from Canada. Odd thing about the block is that it also has a Camaro stamp? The car will be for sale once I get it running. Funny backstory, but I'll keep that one to myself.

I think that's it, but I'm sure I forgot a few of more.
Cool story! I love hearing about these cars. My first Pontiac was a 1975 TA silver on black I bought in 1978. But the car that really got me started with Pontiacs was a 69 GTO 4 speed car I bought in 1979. Drove that one for 10 years. Street raced it, ran it at dragstrip, went to college in it and dated a girl on the other side of state with it. In fact I dated my wife in it too!

I have a friend who has a 69 convertible 4 speed car that has date code matching 62 heads on it. I have seen 62 heads used where most thought 48 heads were supposed to be used on 4 speed cars. I had a 69 Bonneville 428 HO car that 62 heads instead of 48. I believe with certain other options like A/C you got 62 heads instead of 48.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post

I have a friend who has a 69 convertible 4 speed car that has date code matching 62 heads on it. I have seen 62 heads used where most thought 48 heads were supposed to be used on 4 speed cars. I had a 69 Bonneville 428 HO car that 62 heads instead of 48. I believe with certain other options like A/C you got 62 heads instead of 48.
This car was a 69 green/green 400 4 speed. I don't think there were any other options and it was numbers matching, which is why I wrote him because in his book it states #48's. Pete McCarthy said there were many instances where #62's were used instead of #48's, which makes sense because they're exactly the same. The car was sold in Riverside CA and had one dent on the driver's side quarter panel, but absolutely zero rust. Wish I still had that one too... like the rest of them.