Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-13-2000, 04:46 PM

does anybody know who the guy was in the black 72 gp that did a monstrous burnout in the middle of the moparnats on brice road?yeah,the cops got him.

Old 08-13-2000, 04:46 PM

does anybody know who the guy was in the black 72 gp that did a monstrous burnout in the middle of the moparnats on brice road?yeah,the cops got him.

Old 08-14-2000, 10:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Was the Slopar Nats in Ohio? That would explain why every other car on a trailer was a five Star. I passed one on the way home last night that had Super Pro on the windshield next to the 12.60 dial in.... LOL!

Old 08-14-2000, 01:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't know anything about the burnout, but my father (a Mopar guy) and I did get down to the Mopar Nats in Columbus on Sunday from Norwalk. The size of this show is amazing. I think if you took all of the large Pontiac shows combined and put them together it would still not be enough. There are so many nice cars that you just walk by things like Hemi Cuda converts because you've already looked at enough of them. Now before you guys go off (Read Scott) I was available on the cell for any Pontiac emergencies and just a few hours away. Besides we Pontiac parts manufacturers need to spy on the competition. Everyone needs humor in their lives.

On a sad note at the hotel we were staying at a husband and wife who had driven their Mopar to the show and woke Sunday morning to find it missing. A police patrol found it a few miles away striped. Like Paul Spotts car, this kind of story makes me sick and I hope they catch the thieves. If anyone knows or hears anything regarding this matter please call the Columbus police dept.

Wade

------------------
Wade Congdon - BOP Engineering
www.bopengineering.com

www.bopengineering.com
Old 08-15-2000, 03:04 AM

in the late 80's and early 90's,i used to drive up from georgia with my 68 GTX for the nationals every year.it was a bonus to visiting my family.
now that i live here,it's not that big a deal, but i still go to see if my old GTX is around.
that's a shame about those folks getting their car stripped.those old mopars are extremely easy to snag,though, just a pop of a screwdriver,and it starts.i got me a kill switch.
i still can't figure out how someone can have the nerve to take a hemi car on the track and run low 15's.there was a few there, including the "strange"Â*people(moparngoes).oh,well,i'll just have to live with my lowly lemans,and still be able to afford a decent set of heads.

Old 08-15-2000, 08:35 AM

people who have the nerve to steal someones car like that need to die a slow, painful ,public death. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-15-2000, 10:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I forgot to mention that I wore a bright orange Judge shirt to the Mopar Nats. Got alot of stares and comments. One guy said I used to have a white 70 Judge RA IV 4 speed car with 4000 miles on it, but I sold it 20 years ago to a guy in Wisconsin. It turns out that he sold it to our friend Bob who was at Norwalk with us and still has the gorgeous car. When comes to cars, it's a small world.

Wade

ps BTW Bob, if you're reading this thanks for all your help at Norwalk. You're a class guy.

------------------
Wade Congdon - BOP Engineering
www.bopengineering.com

www.bopengineering.com