Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-19-2022, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Are you waiting for E Heads, or any other Edelbrock parts?

For anyone waiting for E heads, I stumbled across this video on Youtube, this may be why their production schedule is so slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ymAs53DzbI

Seems like corporate greed may have caught up with some of the companies that do work for them. This machine shop owner told them to pound salt.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 03-19-2022, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Really cool watching the machines work. Great life advice, too. I didn't see Edelbrock mentioned, either.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the story. Corporate greed! I wonder how many small companies they did ruin. We built a small machine shop for a guy that specialized in making dies with edm. He had worked at Kennametal. Learned his trade. He said when he had kennametal work ' to not put all your eggs in one basket'. He had a lot of smaller cos he worked for so if one had problems it wouldn't hurt him. Still in business 35 yrs later. However sadly he died not long after he got his new bldg running.his wife and son are running business.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Really cool watching the machines work. Great life advice, too. I didn't see Edelbrock mentioned, either.
It was all Edelbrock parts they showed in the video, matter of fact, Pontiac intakes were shown. I would think the name wasn't mentioned for reasons of defamation law suits, just a guess though.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2022, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very good video. I am not sure though that the company the conflict was with had anything to do with the machining going on in the video. In fact, I would say it most definitely wasn’t. Some of the parts that were described made during the conflict didn’t sound like engine parts. I took it that the company the trouble was with happened early on in the narrator’s career. Hard to know what company that was. Really cool the owner of that CNC company told the big corporate conglomerate to hit the road. Then the arrogance of the bigger company saying we don’t need you, you need us. Awesome that the owner of the small company standing their ground….We need a lot more of that!

I am one of the owners in a small MFG company. We have some patents and have done some stuff with the big corporate OEM’s. Interesting over the years watching the dynamics that go on in the corporate world. I have known some companies that one arm of the company is in a lawsuit over something, and on the other arm they are bidding for work and are buddy buddy. Hard to get use too. Some companies are just horrible to work with. I will never forget one company was pushing hard for us to work with a big OEM on something. We had always had nondisclosure agreements with other big OEM’s. But this OEM sent us a DISCLOSER agreement. Basically it said anything or any idea that we have doing business with them is their property unless it is covered by one of our patent’s. Our Attorney said the agreement was worse than having nothing in writing. We dropped any aspiration of working with that company. A few months later I answered the phone and it is a lawyer from that OEM. He told me management asked why there was no progress. He was very arrogant, just like the exec’s from company in the video that the CNC shop sent packing. Told me they didn’t get to be “name of the OEM” for nothing. I told him to go talk to our attorney. Lol

Last edited by Jay S; 03-19-2022 at 09:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay S For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2022, 08:23 AM
Senior Chief

Yeah, I was waiting for a reference to a timeline... he did say this was "EARLY on in his career? By the sound of his voice hes in his mid 40's or more... so I am guessing this story has nothing to do with current times. I also did not hear any reference to EDL...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 03-20-2022, 10:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It seems he was using the Edelbrock video as "B roll" for this video.

Actually, not cool, as many will associate Edelbrock with his bad actor story from back in the day.

455/469 w/ #48 Heads, '65 Tri-Power
9.25:1 CR
Stump Puller Cam
Muncie M22W 1st-2.56 2nd-1.75 3rd-1.37 4th-1.00
3.55 Rear Differential
Front: 225/60R15 Height: 25.6"
Rear: 275/60R15 Height: 28"
The Following User Says Thank You to wbnapier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2022, 09:38 AM

Default Edelbrock

Buddy of mine has waiting on set of E heads for 6 mos . They keep moving the date So yes it was edelbrock.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Tom long time!

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs