Old 11-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default need to buy a vapour return line

have a 72 formula want to replace my vapor fuel line to the fuel pump who sells the correct ones

Old 11-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The vapor return line goes from the tank, up the DS, and turns to hose for a bit over the inner fender then down under the core support in a RESTRICTED steel line. Then back up on the pass side where it terminates in a short rubber hose to the charcoal canister .A line goes to the carb from the canister to provide a vacuum for this part of the system. The restricted line may be hard to find, but I think Inline tube has the rest, and they have a Holiday sale now. Restricted lines in the assy manual are noted by having hash marks in them.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
The vapor return line goes from the tank, up the DS, and turns to hose for a bit over the inner fender then down under the core support in a RESTRICTED steel line. Then back up on the pass side where it terminates in a short rubber hose to the charcoal canister .A line goes to the carb from the canister to provide a vacuum for this part of the system. The restricted line may be hard to find, but I think Inline tube has the rest, and they have a Holiday sale now. Restricted lines in the assy manual are noted by having hash marks in them.
thanks Bruce , i have seen many photos were this line is on the pass side not sure were it goes now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2393 (002).JPG
Views:	64
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	525684  

Last edited by grd777; 11-29-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grd777 View Post
thanks Bruce , i have seen many photos were this line is on the pass side not sure were it goes now
It is held to clips on the bottom inner lip of the core support. then goes vertical to the canister. On the drivers side it comes up by the washer fluid tank, and turns to rubber on the inner with the plastic push in clips back to the area behind the brake booster and down almost inside the fender.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It is held to clips on the bottom inner lip of the core support. then goes vertical to the canister. On the drivers side it comes up by the washer fluid tank, and turns to rubber on the inner with the plastic push in clips back to the area behind the brake booster and down almost inside the fender.
not sure if we are taking about the same line . i am talking about the small (1/4) line form the fuel pump

Old 11-29-2019, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grd777 View Post
not sure if we are taking about the same line . i am talking about the small (1/4) line form the fuel pump
You mentioned vapor, so that's what I was talking about. The actual return line goes to back of subframe cross over with the supply line together, back to pass side of subframe and terminates at the end of the subframe as does the supply line. They have short fuel line hoses to the body section of both lines. The supply and return run together the whole way back to sending unit.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You mentioned vapor, so that's what I was talking about. The actual return line goes to back of subframe cross over with the supply line together, back to pass side of subframe and terminates at the end of the subframe as does the supply line. They have short fuel line hoses to the body section of both lines. The supply and return run together the whole way back to sending unit.
thats it
thanks .do you know were i can buy these lines

Old 11-30-2019, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Closest to you would be inline Tube in Chicago area.
https://www.inlinetube.com/pages/pro...3804838599671|