Old 06-17-2020, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 68 GTO Headliner Bows

I'm about ready to order the headliner for my 68 GTO

When I removed the old headliner 30 years ago, I labeled the color coded rods (5) to their location on the metal headliner retainer strips
I have replaced all the plastic clips but have a few questions. Hopefully someone has some insight.

Apparently 68 A bodies have three different headliners, two different 5 bows (7 or 12 inch distance between 1st and 2nd bows), and a six bow. What determines a six bow?

I have 5 bows
7" between 1st and 2nd bows
On my car the large (dome light) center clips do not have a bow. From what I have read there may be a smaller bow in this area. Is this the sixth bow?
Hopefully I didn't toss it.

And why were there two different sizes for the 5 bow headliner? I'm thinking it may've been a running change since the 69's have 7" between the first and second bow and my car is a May build.
I want to order the Legendary headliner but it's not offered in the 7" size but the 69s are.

Also found a good Headliner write up over on the Chevelle site. Long and pictures are missing but are added through out the thread.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/26-...-write-up.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JL4VUmj+R2aWOyki40J2SA.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	542587   Click image for larger version

Name:	gqC4LLiSTRWxnhHiSXBnrQ.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	542588   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsLynPF2REi+KIIWDIJFog.jpg