THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default The Parts Place

Anyone ordered anything from them recently? How timely was their shipping?

Old 07-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have bought directly from them and off of their ebay. No issues, they seem to ship right away. Any slowness in shipping is due to the present conditions.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:22 AM

fast shipper.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I always got my stuff in a timely manner.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just ordered an item on the 22nd of June. Guaranteed delivery by the 27th of June. Tracking shows it left their facility in DeKalb and proceeded to Carol Stream. That was on the 23rd. Tracking hasn’t been updated since. I have contacted them by phone once and email twice. They are blaming the Post Office.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I ordered red fender well liners from them the other day and they showed up within a few days

Old 07-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You just never know, I've bought stuff and got it the next day. A couple of weeks ago I ordered something from Cal. was shipt FedEx. When I finally received it it had been in ten different cities.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I buy their stuff on EBay it comes fast.Tom

Old 07-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbygto65 View Post
You just never know, I've bought stuff and got it the next day. A couple of weeks ago I ordered something from Cal. was shipt FedEx. When I finally received it it had been in ten different cities.
X2 on your CA experience with Fed-Ex. I recently purchased off Ebay from Cal. and the seller listed shipping through USPS - which he did. However, it appears the postal service uses Fed-Ex Ground to handle their packages. So like you, it hit about 8 cities as they sort packages along the route at the various distribution centers and re-load them to another trailer going East. That is how the system works - I worked 8 years with Fed-Ex Ground.

So it finally gets to my area and I use a PO box when it comes to USPS mail/shipments. If it is known that the item is going UPS or Fed-Ex, then I use my work address, not my PO box. Just for clarity, PO means Post Office box at the Post Office building, not a mail box found in community dwellings or condo's for example, that would just be a street name and Box xxxx. The Fed-Ex driver must have been confused as they could not deliver it as the address was listed as NA on Tuesday on the route tracking you can do. Then the following day it was delivered, on a Wednesday, and I can't get to my Post Office until Saturday morning due to work schedule and I have no one else to get it for me.

My package was not at the PO. They looked all over. They know me by first name as I have had my PO box for 25 years and get many packages. Called Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex outsources their call center. I got India twice, west Texas once, Salvador once, then west Texas because I demanded to talk to an AMERICAN. Driver dropped the package off at the front door. WTF? He did not go inside to the counter and give it to one of the attendants? So they give me a reference number to call back with as they will do an investigation and try to locate my package.

Meanwhile, I contact the Ebay seller and file a claim with Ebay just to protect me. Ebay feels you must have the dispute resolved in 3 days. Good luck with that when you work all week and you have to make all the calls to foreign countries and then get a reference number from Fed-Ex that will take several days to investigate. Ebay sends me a note that they are closing my complaint and side with the seller - basically inferring I am trying to rip the seller or Ebay off because the item was delivered according to Fed-Ex ground.

So at this moment, no news from Fed-Ex. Gotta call this Wednesday to see what they found out. My gut says I am going to eat $127.00.

So, the moral of all this? IF you buy/send a package through the USPS, be aware that it my be shipped via Fed-Ex ground even if the seller states they ship USPS. Make sure you use an address either for yourself or the person you send it to that would normally be acceptable for a direct package delivery by UPS or any of the Fed-Ex groups.

The world is going to hell in a hand bag.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
X2 on your CA experience with Fed-Ex. I recently purchased off Ebay from Cal. and the seller listed shipping through USPS - which he did. However, it appears the postal service uses Fed-Ex Ground to handle their packages. So like you, it hit about 8 cities as they sort packages along the route at the various distribution centers and re-load them to another trailer going East. That is how the system works - I worked 8 years with Fed-Ex Ground.

So it finally gets to my area and I use a PO box when it comes to USPS mail/shipments. If it is known that the item is going UPS or Fed-Ex, then I use my work address, not my PO box. Just for clarity, PO means Post Office box at the Post Office building, not a mail box found in community dwellings or condo's for example, that would just be a street name and Box xxxx. The Fed-Ex driver must have been confused as they could not deliver it as the address was listed as NA on Tuesday on the route tracking you can do. Then the following day it was delivered, on a Wednesday, and I can't get to my Post Office until Saturday morning due to work schedule and I have no one else to get it for me.

My package was not at the PO. They looked all over. They know me by first name as I have had my PO box for 25 years and get many packages. Called Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex outsources their call center. I got India twice, west Texas once, Salvador once, then west Texas because I demanded to talk to an AMERICAN. Driver dropped the package off at the front door. WTF? He did not go inside to the counter and give it to one of the attendants? So they give me a reference number to call back with as they will do an investigation and try to locate my package.

Meanwhile, I contact the Ebay seller and file a claim with Ebay just to protect me. Ebay feels you must have the dispute resolved in 3 days. Good luck with that when you work all week and you have to make all the calls to foreign countries and then get a reference number from Fed-Ex that will take several days to investigate. Ebay sends me a note that they are closing my complaint and side with the seller - basically inferring I am trying to rip the seller or Ebay off because the item was delivered according to Fed-Ex ground.

So at this moment, no news from Fed-Ex. Gotta call this Wednesday to see what they found out. My gut says I am going to eat $127.00.

So, the moral of all this? IF you buy/send a package through the USPS, be aware that it my be shipped via Fed-Ex ground even if the seller states they ship USPS. Make sure you use an address either for yourself or the person you send it to that would normally be acceptable for a direct package delivery by UPS or any of the Fed-Ex groups.

The world is going to hell in a hand bag.
If you push EBay, they’ll refund your money. After all - you’ve got zero leverage with FedEx - you didn’t pay them to ship.

I had a similar situation with USPS where a package spent a week at a processing center 3 miles from my house. Indian call center told me they wouldn’t even start looking for it until it’s been missing 2 weeks, and that it could take another week to make it those few miles.

Seller just sent me another one. (Expensive toner cartridge.). Original package never showed. That’s why I try to only use EBay sellers that do high volume. Shipping mess ups are just a cost of doing business for them.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a issue with a eBay seller.He could not give a tracking number in a few days so eBay issued a refund right of way.Tom

Old 07-04-2020, 08:43 PM

Question. What if your eBay account/PayPal was tied to a credit card and not to your bank account?Could you not protest the charge to your credit card company?

Old 07-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Yep, I understand the advice. But, I feel the seller was not at fault and I have communicated with him. I don't think he realized that USPS was going to ship via Fed-Ex either. I am holding out until Wednesday, then the seller will file for a claim against Fed-Ex as it was insured. I still want my item and he can send another.

Just very frustrating on behalf of Fed-Ex as I would think a couple of phone calls/emails would get immediate results, but sometimes big companies need tax write-offs so filing a lost package claim is no loss to them.

Personal responsibility and making sure the customer is satisfied just doesn't seem to fit the profile in todays world. And it is not just Fed-Ex, I see this elsewhere to include my workplace. Its only "us" older guys who seem to have any notion of personal responsibility and/or a personal work ethic - ie pride in what we do. If you cannot do it right, then don't do it at all. Just OK really doesn't work well with me.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:09 PM

"However, it appears the postal service uses Fed-Ex Ground to handle their packages"

This will only happen if seller chooses to use Fedex smart post. Normally if you send USPS, as in dropping off package at the PO, it will stay within USPS system. Fedex smart post, which can be cheaper than USPS, uses the Fedex system for transport and the USPS for the final delivery leg. Will usually take a lot longer as the 2 entities must coordinate pickups and drop offs. USPS has to pick up parcels from the Fedex terminal or have them dropped off at the PO by Fedex. I rarely use that option as buyers want their items faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to sd7369 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2020, 01:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If the tracking shows the item has been delivered to the address on record, Ebay WILL NOT refund your money. Nor should they. If they would, they would receive an avalanche of non-delivery complaints by scammers, even though the tracking shows the item was delivered. If the item tracking shows delivered, but it was actually mis-delivered (e.g. wrong address), or if the item was stolen off the porch the buyer is SOL. Although Ebay's seller protections are generally very weak, this is one area where Ebay will stand behind the seller.

With more than 10,000 transactions on Ebay, buying and selling, I've been on both sides of the fence on this issue.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 07-06-2020, 07:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I buy a lot of chit on eBay. They have always taken care of me.

Don

Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokitty View Post
Question. What if your eBay account/PayPal was tied to a credit card and not to your bank account?Could you not protest the charge to your credit card company?

Yes you can.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 AM

No problems with Parts Place as far as time and shipping goes.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 07-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70 View Post
If the tracking shows the item has been delivered to the address on record, Ebay WILL NOT refund your money. Nor should they. If they would, they would receive an avalanche of non-delivery complaints by scammers, even though the tracking shows the item was delivered. If the item tracking shows delivered, but it was actually mis-delivered (e.g. wrong address), or if the item was stolen off the porch the buyer is SOL. Although Ebay's seller protections are generally very weak, this is one area where Ebay will stand behind the seller.

With more than 10,000 transactions on Ebay, buying and selling, I've been on both sides of the fence on this issue.
And I understand, I would be saying the same thing - it shows delivered, period. When I last talked with a Fed-Ex rep, the rep asked if it was delivered to PO box and then provided the street address, so it appears it got there. The big question is his comment - "left at door." What exactly that means seems to be anyone's guess. But if literal, why would you not go inside and deliver it to the counter person 6 feet away through the door?

In the past, at least with UPS, I recall if you were not home or no one was there to receive it, they would drop off with a neighbor or leave a note to include it was at their delivery center for pick-up if they could not get a hold of you.

So my guess at this point is I am out of luck, SOL, and will be eating the costs. But, I still have to call Fed-Ex one more time and see if they tracked down the route driver and got his take on it to see exactly where he dropped it. May have been a new driver and just did what he normally does with most packages, drops off at the door and keeps rolling to deliver the next item on his route. You win some and you lose some, and not all battles are worth the time/energy to fight when the outcome is not in your favor. This may be one of those "sh*t happens" calls.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That’s a very calm way to look at it- and probably the best. You can get angry and yell at people on the phone for a month and not get anything, or you can not get anything and go on about your life....