OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2019, 01:30 AM

Default Primatech header, efi, intake

Having issues with my 67 rebuilt sprint 3,8. Have had lots of work done on the carb and it continues to percolate. Tried 1 inch spacer and other things but nothing worked. Front two cylinders have gas deposits on spark plugs and I have gas in my oil as well as blue smoke on start and when rev. This is a rebuilt engine with a slight cam, stock intake and stock exhaust, So thinking I am doing harm to the engine, have possible glazed cylinder walls because of the percolating and rich front 2 cylinders (Is engine tipped down in front) , I was thinking of ditching the carb and putting fi tech efi.

That alternative would include getting rid of stock intake and getting a clifford with 4 barrel adapter. Getting a primatech header ( do not have) and a fitech efi unit (Already have). The header is not connected to the intake so the carb percolating issue should disappear. The header will reduce the under dash heat. There is no gas to heat up in the throttle body. One problem is finding a primatech header. Does anyone have one to sell??? Other issue is efi unit does not fit well on stock intake as it is spread bore but the clifford is square bore so that should be eliminated. I find the efi unit would sit really close to the valve cover, To close for my liking. Not sure if clifford manifold is further out. Custom make accelerator cable. I have the intank electric pump, sender and special tank.

Other potential solution. Plug heat passages going to carb, I will still run the electric fuel pump as it is in. Obtain a primatech header to reduce heat under carb.

Putting the efi on the stock intake does not seem feasible. The management controls are on the valve cover side, very close to it, the spread bore intake would have to be cut on the inside where the partitions are because they do not line up.

Anyone ever tried this before and if you have a primatech header to sell I am interested. Apparently there could be another run done shortly but I would like to get this thing running properly soon. If I can get her going I will then deal with the glazing if that is the issue.