Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Need to see if someone can transport a auto trans from Talladega AL to Seneca PA

Auto. Trans is crated at this time. 33x28x26, 235 lbs.

Anyone who can help get this from Talladega AL 35160 to Seneca PA 16346, please contact me.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Fastenal has suspended their store to store shipping until further notice.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

anyone?

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have you checked with some common carriers. I packed up a rear end for a fellow Pontiac guy. I dont know whom he used, but I dropped the pallet off at my mechanics shop, rear was picked up and delivered within that week, half way across the county. I seem to think he said it cost around $200 or less

Old 05-19-2020, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have contacted freight companies and trying to get a quote on uship now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Old 05-27-2020, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

still looking in case someone is heading that way.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Transport needed to PA

Old 06-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still looking for transport from Talladega AL to Seneca PA or close by.

Anyone that can help or knows someone going that way, contact me.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Old 06-05-2020, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Shouldn't be a problem using an LTL Common Carrier like FedEx Freight, Yellow Freight, AFB, etc.. Then there are brokers who will make the arrangements and find a shipper. Here is one and you can read what it is all about - https://www.uship.com/ltl-freight/ Here is another - https://www.americanfreightinc.com/

You should have no problems finding an LTL trucking company to ship the trans. The other alternative is to rent a truck from someplace like Enterprise and take a road trip/vacation and deliver it yourself. Swing by the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio, or the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY...... or both.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Trying to hold down cost of getting it there for the buyer.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
Trying to hold down cost of getting it there for the buyer.

No such thing as inexpensive shipping anymore. Try Craigslist and post an ad. Get a "HotShot" owner operator with a flat bed, or even a car hauler. They often will put multiple loads/drops on a single run which generates them more money. If you watch the TV program "Shipping Wars" that is what they do. So you have to go through a "freight broker" to get this done. No easy/simple/cheap solution with the size of the product/weight you are shipping.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No offense, but as a consumer I can appreciate you wanting to keep the cost down, if the buyer cant afford $200 shipping (which I would think something that big and heavy would be) then maybe he should either 1. look local or 2. get another hobby.
Agree with PJim, should be pretty easy to contact a freight company and have it delivered. If the receiver has access to a commercial shop, ship it there and the rate will be even cheaper than going to a residential address.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for your opinion. No reason to say they need to get another hobby. Everyone tries to save money when they can.

Just trying to find cheapest way for the buyer.

Not a lot of traveling to that area right now.
It is his decision on how it gets shipped. Had planned on Fastenal but they aren't shipping right now.
Exploring options.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fastenal back up now. Shipping tomorrow.