Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2020, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Boost leak

Hey guys, I have a leak some where , wether its exhaust or intake im not sure.

Im looking for so ideas/ methods on how to check for a leak.

Without unbolting anything yet everything looks good. No leak at the header gasket or cracks in the header. Turbo flange looks fine no soot.. Usually i would see a crack or something.

Intake looks good. All connections seem fine nothing jumping out at me so far. The leak on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 5 just to be clear.

All (3) silicones are all good no obvious leaks.

Anyone ever test there system in the car?

I was thinking of making a block off plate for the rear of the turbo and disconnecting all the rockers. Then put compressed air to it . What do you think? The only thing i was thinking that might leak would be the oil ring seal in the turbo..

Then for the intake i would block off the inlet at the turbo and do the same test.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks...