Hey Guys -

What a way to start a Sunday Morning -

Beautiful Rides - No Doubt - Full Size RULES - Love 'em All

Keep the Pic's a Comin'

Dave B.

DJB_Rock_2005.jpg
Old 03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stuart - ".....need more guages...." You've given me a great idea as I need to find a place to mount my Flux Capacitor.
Man, there are some really nice Big Cars on this thread. Nice job guys.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:43 AM

Keep it coming,guys.
Lots of beautiful full size cars.
I am getting in a really grrreat mode,here

66Bonne : That is the ultimate sleeper . Awsome Cat !

Deadhead : I see there are more of us that do not have heated garages for our cars.
Hope the VA climate is warmer than the Norwegian..
Keep up the good work !

Anyone have any wagons to show off ?? I just love wagons.( A `65 Safari with 421 and all options would suit me just fine... )

Stig

Old 03-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default body-off is underway on this one...

I bought this in '89 when I was 17... this pic was taken in '98... so it's a scan of a pic (sorry for lo-fi resolution).

looks wierd, but the back of hood is raised intentionally... I felt the power difference doing that (colder air (than underhood temp air) under pressure is always welcome in the engine room!)

~Matt in Milwaukee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62 GP.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	47494  

Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Deadhead- Nice lookin GP. I predict plenty of gas in the future. I also predict gas-powered cars to go dead within 25 years and for gas to become what racing/jet fuel is today (something like 8 bucks a gallon (+ future inflation etc)) but I bet gas will be there. So Build that car!! :O
Also - I believe your (deadhead) GP was the one that had a really reflective picture of after it had been zymoled(?) i believe in that very same parking lot setting as the last pic on your last post. Am I right? It looked like green glass! I haven't done a whole all over wax job on my car since last august but I believe since the weather is nicening again I'll have to do it next time I see the car. I did do a few intermediate chrome-only wax jobs since summer to protect it. Was simply too darn cold to do the whole 18+ft length of car!

Stig- I noticed a few trouble spots on my paint. Namely just beneath the car's convertible top snap-rivet ring. Seems like some of the paint has deterriorated under there (prolly the nice ol' guy I bought it from couldn't get all the wax he wanted to under there...) That and a tiny chip came off the corner of the trunk. I can see they painted the montero red over the original starlight black.. It's a very nice paint job although I don't get why they didn't strip the starlight black completely off... or it could be a primmer i dont even know for sure. Anyways I'll probably take it to a shop to get touched up on those few spots some time. (maybe next year? maybe this summer?) But it's good to know my montero red acts like yours - bright red in the sun - burgandy in the dark shade.

mike

Old 03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

or was it zaino?

anyone know if zaino works well on chrome?

Old 03-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikediaz
or was it zaino?

anyone know if zaino works well on chrome?
Yes,Mike I saw that thread,too.I think it was Zaino.

I hope it works as well on chrome....,since I just placed an order with the sales office in Germany. (The only one I could find who could ship it to Norway)
This product better be as good as people describe..
Costs me app. 150 $
for a kit
( Z-1,Z-3,Z-6,Z-8, and Z-18)

Stig

http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 03-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 62 Bonneville

62 Bonneville coupe. The first one is what I started with last year, trim already removed. The next ones are where it is now. Body shell at the shop getting some metal replaced. The rest of it is in the garage getting it all ready to go back in when the body comes home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	47527   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	47528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0747.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	47529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0748.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	47530  

Old 03-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Zaino it was. I went back with NXT but did not do as good a job b/c I used too much. I am going to polish & use the liquid NXT next time instead of paste. It is really hard to get the miniscule amount required on with paste as it takes a long while to get the cloth loaded up properly. If that does not do as well I will go back to Zaino. Scott's color sanding job also contributes to the nice sheen. I am going to color sand the wagon eventually as it really does a nice job of evening out the paint & making them shine.

Stig - Not heated in that part, but I have got another bay almost framed which is going to have one of those motel type through the wall heating & air units. At least one ride will have the comforts of home. On your recommendation I took the uncracked wheel for the black car in the house. We had virtually no winter this year, but in the Mtns we usually get a couple weeks that hover around 0 or the low teens *F. Global warming is good for something eh? I always assumed it was the heat that cracked the wheels but it makes more sense that it is cold in hindsight.

I tried to buy a bronze colored Bonneville similar to this one from NM, but did not get it. I always wondered what happened to that car. Was sold in TN. Had Cragar or American mags on it & tri-tone interior. Also tried for a white '65 421 Safari w/ red leather interior that was totally loaded. From FL but sold out of PA near Pittsburgh. Somebody got it for a song. Anybody seen these cars?

Our '63 wagon:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	safariabarnsm.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	47589  

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 03-26-2006, 05:05 PM

Default here's my 64 cat

I actually just took it off the jack stands, but the battery back in and fired it up 30 minutes ago. Man, I can't wait for summer to get here and drive it around. My car has a 67 607 heads 350 hp 400 with a turbo 400 and 3.42 posi.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	64cat.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	47591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat front.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	47592  

Old 03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

sweet ride. i remember you posting about that hood scoop from when it was little more than the result of some photoshopping. Is it fully functional? are you using a ram air pan or just letting it flow into the engine bay?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks, It's just open to the engine bay right now. I Have a Kn filter plus the kn filter lid that replaces the top of the aircleaner. I plan on making/finding a pan one day.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i think they go fairly reasonably for a reproduction of the 65 or so tripower ram air pan for the GTOs. Maybe you can do somehting with that (you packing tripower under there by any chance?)
mike

p.s. how did you get that hood scoop on there? Picked one out and had a body shop graft it on? Before getting my bonneville I always thought it'd be cool to graft on a gto hood scoop on there from similar year (65ish) but now I'm not so sure i'd do it.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:24 PM

Here's a pic of my 62 G-P 455 T-400
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	000_0006_1.JPG
Views:	840
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	47659  

Old 03-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

nice straight car. wolfs63! Whast the story behind it?? dont think i've heard it yet. welcome to the forum ( in case you haven't already been done so in your 20 posts).

Where did you get the th400 out of?

-
i'd really like to see a '60 or 61 Bonneville. I remember they looked sweet with non-stacked headlights and a cool spaceship like halo'ed tail lights.

Anyone got one?

Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 AM

Mike, I did it myself. I always liked the super duty scoops and was able to find one and get someone to match the paint(the picture was before it was painted.) I don't have tripower yet, i'm running a demon carb with an edelbrock intake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	interior.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	47686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoodscoop.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	47688  

Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's picture of my '66 GP in my driveway just before my daughter hopped in for the ride to Church.

She was married on March 11th just past. Beautiful girl with a beautiful car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sarah Wedding Dress - Pontiac.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	47699  

Old 03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes very nice gal/car. Damnit i should move to austrailia.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man - Norway's got the beautiful scenery and Australia's got the beautiful girls - both countries have beautiful Pontiacs - what am I doing here ??
Heybuck-congratulations on the wedding, wish I could have been there.
Spent a week in Sydney back in 1969 and have always wanted to go back.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Perryka - your car is a sister too our car we are getting done now, on your interior what color it that called Tri-fawn Or Tri-green, what kind of options,