Old 03-15-2022, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think they were only used on power brake models, perhaps only on power DRUM brake models. They came in the kit I used to rebuild my MC ... I installed them ... but they are kind of fussy and I'm not sure if they are seated right etc. ... but the brakes seem to work and bleed as expected.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We're almost to Summer now, but my Winter project of freshening up the engine bay is about done barring a few odds and ends. Everything got a coat of paint and most got new hardware too.

The heads and block are on month 4 at the machine shop. Decided to stick with the TH400 for now, so that's getting rebuilt too. I'm about 4 weeks into the 12-14 week wait for custom pistons at Butler so it looks like this may be a Fall project.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4035.jpg
Views:	2099
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	590111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4032.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	590112  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following User Says Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 01:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks fantastic!

Whatcha got going on there with the AC expansion valve ... is that bulb normally wrapped up? Is that aftermarket or OEM? (sorry if we've covered this in another thread ... I like pictures )

Is that a white strip vacuum line you have coming through the firewall for the AC/heat vacuum supply? Check valve plugs into that?

Old 05-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with the expansion valve yet. The one that’s in there is a repro and I’m thinking about putting the OEM one back but I can’t find it in my boxes of parts. Pretty sure it works fine.

The only striped vacuum hose I have at the moment is a blue one for the headlights. I need to do a little homework and see what colors are supposed to go where. I don’t think the one coming from the firewall has a white stripe, but I’ll double check.

FWIW, here's how I had the vacuum lines plumbed. Pretty sure I got this routing from either the resto guide or assembly manual. It went into the fitting at the back of the carb. Should those be white striped hoses?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3196.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	590142  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)

Last edited by Verdoro 68; 05-04-2022 at 11:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was sorting through my parts for reassembly I found a white striped hose with a check valve stuck in it .... I know it's not for the headlights as the parts car didn't have hideaways (which use blue anyway) so I assumed it was the supply to the AC/Heat .. and it was the right length ... hung out of the grommet exact length as seen in the photo of your car ... so I figured it was the right one ... just wonder if yours was white stripe too.

BTW .. the hose was pretty dirty, was hard to see the white stripe.

My vacuum hose setup is likely to use the same setup as yours.