Old 11-30-2021, 06:05 PM

Default 55 4 dr wagon (interior guidance)

Hi I知 relatively new here and had a couple questions about my 55 Chieftain 4dr wagon. (I知 not totally restoring the car, mostly doing everything myself with what I have and on a serious budget to make a fun cruiser for the family.)

-I知 getting very close to having the floor pan finished and I need to order carpet. Would I be safe to order a carpet kit for a Chevy 4dr wagon? Or is there a specific website I知 not seeing where they sell Poncho wagon carpet? Would it be easier to buy carpet by the yard and fit it in myself?

-I知 also looking into headliners. Again, is it the same as a Chevy?

Any tips and info are GREATLY appreciated. I致e done quite a bit of homework but still have tons of questions. Thank you for your time!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84E57F28-D139-4530-8195-4994DAA75EAA.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	578858  

Old 11-30-2021, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would assume the wagons have the same differences as the sedans. The FRONT floors on the sedans are NOT the same between Pontiac and Chevy therefore the carpets for the wagons are probably different.

The Following User Says Thank You to Goatracer1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 09:24 AM

Carpet manufacturer ACC does list a 55-57 Chieftain 4 dr wagon carpet. The part #11609 is for loop style material, original in that car if it had carpet would have been a Daytona weave.
Good luck on your project, always had a soft spot for wagons, grew up riding in the back of 'em from 51 Jeep to 57 Chevy to 62 Jeep to 65 Falcon.......

The Following User Says Thank You to madeuce50 For This Useful Post: