Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ames/Parts Place Engineering

This is just great, after complaining about the brake backing plates from the parts place, now I get this from you...……...maybe it would be easier to add to the catalog where you get this trash from...…...yeah, I know its a feel good deal for the parts place to hire blind Chinese workers...…….I cant believe your using this stuff on your own cars.

So now my options are eat the cost, not the first time from ames, or put this trash on the car and redo it in about 500 miles or when ever it falls off.

Sorry for the rant, but this parts place trash needs to be listed in the catalog.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ames center link.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	515054  

Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gotta admit to your credit, you did post it.

Thanks for that.

Rich

Old 06-30-2019, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

buy NOS parts then

Old 06-30-2019, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It is kinda ****ty to just rebox parts from a company they know that almost ALL of us have had problems with. Too lazy to even pull off the sticker

Old 06-30-2019, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
It is kinda ****ty to just rebox parts from a company they know that almost ALL of us have had problems with. Too lazy to even pull off the sticker
I wouldn't say they're being lazy. If anything, they're being honest about it's origin. You wouldn't complain if the part was made by MSD, Edelbrock, etc. The problem here (as I see it) is that they should have done that upfront in the catalog, and that's only because The Parts Place has such a spotty reputation.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
I wouldn't say they're being lazy. If anything, they're being honest about it's origin. You wouldn't complain if the part was made by MSD, Edelbrock, etc. The problem here (as I see it) is that they should have done that upfront in the catalog, and that's only because The Parts Place has such a spotty reputation.
I got a reply from "Bart" in the lobby section, have to agree with him on most stuff he posted...…….I always buy from ames because of the forum and willing to pay extra for quality stuff...……..I will still buy from ames first, but will ask where these parts are coming from.

Rich

Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtorich View Post
This is just great, after complaining about the brake backing plates from the parts place, now I get this from you...……...maybe it would be easier to add to the catalog where you get this trash from...…...yeah, I know its a feel good deal for the parts place to hire blind Chinese workers...…….I cant believe your using this stuff on your own cars.

So now my options are eat the cost, not the first time from ames, or put this trash on the car and redo it in about 500 miles or when ever it falls off.

Sorry for the rant, but this parts place trash needs to be listed in the catalog.

Rich
Hi Rich, The Parts Place is a manufacturer, the same as any other source we purchase from. I understand they have had a spotty reputation in the past with quality, but this has drastically changed in recent years. We do our best to avoid carrying any product that does not meet quality standards; especially suspension items. You will see many notes in our catalog regarding quality. If a note is regarding poor quality, it is the only piece available and we want to make you aware. We have had this center link for years, with only good feedback. Please don't judge every single piece with their name attached, by your past experiences. If this center link was truly a piece of garbage, it would not be on our shelves. In the future, we would greatly appreciate a phone call, email, or PM before starting a thread like this. We are always here to help and answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Hi Rich, The Parts Place is a manufacturer, the same as any other source we purchase from. I understand they have had a spotty reputation in the past with quality, but this has drastically changed in recent years. We do our best to avoid carrying any product that does not meet quality standards; especially suspension items. You will see many notes in our catalog regarding quality. If a note is regarding poor quality, it is the only piece available and we want to make you aware. We have had this center link for years, with only good feedback. Please don't judge every single piece with their name attached, by your past experiences. If this center link was truly a piece of garbage, it would not be on our shelves. In the future, we would greatly appreciate a phone call, email, or PM before starting a thread like this. We are always here to help and answer any questions you might have. Thanks!
Thanks for the explanation , lets just say bad mood that day, should have thought it out better before I posted...……...wont happen again.

Thanks

Rich

Old 07-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
And you think everything that comes in a GM box is made by GM? Today, you are lucky if any of it is.

Some of you people need to get your head out of your ass and get real. You want "cheap", this is what you get and it does not make a difference where it comes from or who's box it is in. Even Ford, GM and Chrysler have a secondary line for "shoppers". Sure, it comes in their big name box, but its their cheap line for cheap people. Are you going to piss & moan to them?

You get what you pay for. You want good at any cost? Like someone already mentioned, buy NOS. You want to shop price? Then don't bitch about what shows up at your door.

A well known parts repop maker/supplier once told me as he was answering a call from Japan, "Hey, if I had these things made here no one would buy them due to cost".

Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess lazy was the wrong word. It should be noted in the footer on important parts if it’s not an Ames original. I have had hit or miss luck with quality of the parts place stuff but the real pisser is customer service. At least buying parts place stuff from Ames you know they will take it back. My buyer beware above the parts place though is inline tube! Unless it’s just the absolute last resort I will not buy from them or any of the other million names they use on eBay because they have soiled themselves