Old 03-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Super 400 Hood

Just getting the word out, posted this under the for sale section...

I am posting this as an FYI... When searching for a raised hood for my 68 bird, I originally found this hood here on the Spotts Performance website... http://www.spottsperformance.com/body.htm

It was exactly what I was looking for with a 1.5" raised center for better air cleaner clearance without going to a fully raised cowl. However, Spotts was no longer selling the hood, timing was not right and I ended up with a hood from VFN.

I received a note below from the current Mfg of the hood, so thought I would pass this along. It would be cool to see a few more of these hoods out there!!

Feel free to contact the number below if interested.

With spring around the corner we are ready to begin production of the 1967-69 Pontiac Firebird Super 400 hoods! Prices are as follows:
Pin on with cowl $625
Pin on with an inner structure and cowl $795
Bolt on with cowl $895
Please respond to this email if you are still interested in purchasing a hood. When responding please include the following:
What type of hood you are looking to purchase
Where you are located - we prefer the hoods be picked up at our shop versus us shipping them
(picking up at a race event is a possibility but payment must be in cash)

A 50% deposit is required upon ordering.

Please note that any hoods paid for by credit card will be charged a 3% service fee.

Attached are 2 pictures of what the hood looks like.
Should you have any questions, please text/call Tim at 610-935-1993.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HOOD1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	533809   Click image for larger version

Name:	HOOD2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	533810  

68 Firebird-- Street/Strip - 400/461 Eagle Forged Bottom End & Ross Flat top pistons. KRE 325 CFM D port, Ultradyne 263/271 @.050, .4267 lift. Crower Solid roller lifters and 1.65 stainless rockers. Quickfuel 1000 on Torker2 intake and 2" open spacer. Hedman 1.75" headers. TH400 w/brake. Ford 9" w/3.80 gears & 28x9 Hoosier pro bracket drag radial. Best ET: 1.35 60ft, 6.29 @ 107.20 mph, 9.99 @132.33 mph. 3,300 race weight
Old 03-19-2020, 11:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good to know they are going to make them again. I have one on my 69 firebird

1969 firebird, pro touring build. Full Global West suspension 474 Stroker with Molnar Crank and Rods, DCI Ram Air 5 Top end, Holley fuel injection, Vince Janis 200-4R trans

"There is no such thing as too much horsepower"
Old 03-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcolt View Post
Good to know they are going to make them again. I have one on my 69 firebird
The car in your avatar looks good. Care to share some info on it?