THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Actually made that decision (not to do anything on the car), so that my son and I can head up to the Cabela's next weekend to pick up a nice rifle. My son is way out in the middle of nowhere this weekend hunting out of his buddy's remote cabin. No one around for tens of miles. I don't know where they hunt, but I'm sure that it's as wild as it gets. You guys are more than welcome to come up here and hunt anytime and I don't believe that it's that difficult to organize. You'll meet a lot of like minded people. Big game is Moose, White tail and Black bear. Small game, if you get bored, you can pick off a porcupine, bag a bird, or whack a weasel.
Be careful what you say I am retiring in march

Old 11-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Take the hunting trip , it will be a memory forever!

Old 11-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

is hunting that expensive, really? i pay $500 or so every year for an out-of-state license and tag to hunt north Idaho mule deer. I sleep in a tent and eat cheap, that's all it really costs me besides gas. You've got all the time in the world if you are retired, can't you just drive to ID, MT, CO, or WY and hunt? I know $500 may not be "cheap" but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a classic car and you can scrape it up if you really want to hunt.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My boys are in Montana this week,both got a Antelope and deer.Tom

Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Definitely hunt while you can. Dad's stroke put an end to his hunting, happened during gun season in 07. He killed 3 deer that week, too. You just never know. This is coming from a redneck with my bow and gear loaded in the truck in case I get off work early. If your car runs w a 4bbl on it I wouldn't change it, personally.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
is hunting that expensive, really? i pay $500 or so every year for an out-of-state license and tag to hunt north Idaho mule deer. I sleep in a tent and eat cheap, that's all it really costs me besides gas. You've got all the time in the world if you are retired, can't you just drive to ID, MT, CO, or WY and hunt? I know $500 may not be "cheap" but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a classic car and you can scrape it up if you really want to hunt.
Is that 500.00 over the counter? Or applied for in the spring?

Old 11-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Generic life advice they say it is generally better to spend money on experiences rather than things.... Leads to more long term happiness from the memories, etc.

Here's one example article, there are plenty if you google:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/294163

Old 12-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Warning picture may be offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Maybe stay home, get a whitetail and do your tri power.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Took Murphs advice. Stayed in Kansas bought a tri power

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4318 (1).jpg
Views:	202
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	526424

Old 12-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by footjoy View Post

Attachment 526424

Nice buck! That was a great idea, now wasn’t it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 12-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice buck Footjoy

Old 12-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My advice is to go huntin'!!!
There will always be time to spend with your car, but if health issues limit mobility your best hunting days may soon be behind you.

Good luck with that mulie!

Old 12-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Attachment 526424
Nice buck!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 12-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm from Northern NY where there's plenty of fish and deer to hunt. I'm now here in Delaware where there is little fishing (I don't do saltwater) and little hunting. I miss both but I love my 66 GTO. I'll not get rid of it unless.... I won't go there LOL. But I will fish and hunt again even if I have to go back up to NY.

My advice... do both. Keep the car and hunt. Do the hunting close to home if you can, but at least hunt. As for the car.. go to Cruise Nights and leave the cars shows alone. They're expensive and getting more expensive. I can't understand why we pay to show our car and then the public gets to run their grimy paws all over them. And they don't have to pay to get into a car show. Horse hockey!

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I’m not a hunter by any means- but I am amazed at what we spend to hunt entertaining customers. More than golf, racing, beach, Vegas.... probably the most expensive trip we do.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Generic life advice they say it is generally better to spend money on experiences rather than things.... Leads to more long term happiness from the memories, etc.
I sure wish some one would have explained that to me about 25 years ago... on the other hand, if I had that bit of wisdom at that point in my life, I may have also gotten in a lot more trouble LOL.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I know people say to spend $$ on experiences, but it’s not like anyone is going to buy photos of my golf or hunting trips. If I ever get in a bind- I can sell the toys.

I understand that if it’s a passion it’s a different story, but me spending $$ to go to India or Paris just so I can say I’ve done it doesn’t get me excited.

Maybe I’m just materialistic I dunno....

Old 12-12-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
2 years of health problems, back surgery, Sepsis and hand surgery, my mobilty has been extremely hindered (walking, getting up of garage floor).
The one thing I'll say is based on personal experience...people tend to think they'll stay healthy and active as they age, but it can all change overnight. One day you're doing great, the next day you're not.

Take care of yourself first, then think about the hobbies. If you can keep up with one or both that's great, but don't worry about it if you can't. There may be something else altogether that you'll find satisfaction in doing.