THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Senior Chief

.........and don't go to BWW either...................

The Following User Says Thank You to Jonsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like BW-3 but part of the price is paying for the high priced sports channels. They pretty much never have motorsports so the tv's don't do much for me.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 10-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsie View Post
.........and don't go to BWW either...................
“Used to go to BWW”
Not sure how much clearer that could be “fer cryin out loud “ but I can grab some crayons if that helps ��

I’m out. Have a great day!

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 10-26-2021, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been to BWW one time, and that was years ago. Dont remember the food or service being so great that I wanted to go back. I dont frequent restaurants that often. I know, Im not a good consumer. There were 2 places we would go to both Italian. They were old school family run businesses with actual homemade pasta. Unfortunately they both went out of business when the next gen. didnt want to take over. I have since learned how to make pasta, and I can cook a steak at least as good as any so called establishment thus I have no desire to go out to dinner anymore.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last couple visits to BWW were a joke. So small. Were those even chicken wings? Harvested from Sparrows perhaps? The way wing prices have skyrocketed I don't even do my own anymore. Cheaper to buy a nice Steak.

1969 GTO hard top ~ Std bore 400, '70-RA3 block, 670 heads, Bal. & Blue... M22, 12-bolt w/3:55s
Old 10-26-2021, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRX View Post
Last couple visits to BWW were a joke. So small. Were those even chicken wings? Harvested from Sparrows perhaps? The way wing prices have skyrocketed I don't even do my own anymore. Cheaper to buy a nice Steak.
Better get that nice Steak soon! LOL

TOM
Old 10-28-2021, 07:53 PM

Default Wing Joints

There is a Hooters (first to open) a BWW (second to open) and a Wing Daddy's, all within a half mile of each other locally. (las Cruces NM). Have to wonder, which one will go under first, the wing market is saturated here. Frankly I don't go to any of them.
The Hooter's is in a really bad spot (hidden, not visible from Freeway) but guess it survives due to the orange shorts and being in a college town.

Old 10-28-2021, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been to BWW twice. Wasn't impressed at all for what you got and what it cost.

Been to Hooters and few time. Better wings, and better scenery too.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hadn’t been back to BWW since pre-pandemic. It was never like the food was so great I couldn’t wait to go back. Last time I went for wings was w my GF who insisted we stop at Hooters while on a road trip (our last). I fought it all the way to the door saying “I know your little tests and this one will not end well”. Once inside I made the “mistake” of asking our server what city in Brazil she was from (she was wearing a Hooters Brazil Tshirt ) and made small talk about Rio and Carnival. Of course I got the silent treatment in the car for the next 5 hrs just as I predicted. As I recall the wings were good.

Old 10-30-2021, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Just to repeat what I heard on a local AM radio news station, WLW 700 in Cincinnati. They were interviewing the owner of a large independent wing restaurant near the Reds/Bengals stadiums. Prime real estate, so I am sure their rent is huge. Food menu sounded similar to BWW. He said the cost of raw wings was 4 times as expensive as pre-pandemic. Cost of labor was nearly double. Plus he can't find anyone to work for the nearly double pay. Customer counts are way down from 2 years ago and almost none for a year. I don't see many of these places being able to survive much longer. My personal experience eating out has been lousy service, much higher prices, generally feeling cheated when I walk out. Fortunately, I like to cook and have the time to do it. But a trip to the grocery can be eye popping too when you check out. Only the strong restaurants or ones backed by huge corporations will weather this storm.
There is a small neighborhood restaurant near my house. Seats around 30 tops, with ten seats at the bar. They only need a bartender, cook, and a couple of waitresses. The food is great and the prices aren't outlandish though nothing is reasonable or cheap any more. I think they will be okay, they've had pretty good attendance every time I've been in there. This model - small, local, quality food with good service should survive.... I hope.

Old 10-31-2021, 09:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
My wife and I like the buffalo wings at Hooters more so.

I really like the 3 mile Island sauce but recently I have started getting the buffalo chicken sandwich instead covered in the 3 mile Island sauce.

But we might only go every six weeks or so.

The picture below is fitting for the times.
https://www.businessinsider.com/work...RGzs_RqTPxqOj8

Old 10-31-2021, 10:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That’s interesting- 60 some applications and like two interviews.

Definitely not what I am hearing from others but I also haven’t applied for any jobs like this guy did

Old 10-31-2021, 11:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
That’s interesting- 60 some applications and like two interviews.

Definitely not what I am hearing from others but I also haven’t applied for any jobs like this guy did
Makes you wonder.....

Old 10-31-2021, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Obviously someone with an agenda, and the results are what he set out for them to be. JMO of coarse.
I’d like to see the application he submitted. I could most certainly FIND a way to not get a job, if that’s what I set out to do. I know of people who don’t want to work, but are ordered through the courts, or mommy’s and daddies to find a job. They never seem to find one.
I can GUARANTEE you I can personally get anyone a job starting at $20 an hour around here where I live. Show up on time, and be willing to work. It’s not that hard.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:08 AM
Senior Chief

^^^^^ yes it is...apparently. It seems some jobs are so beneath....many of our would be workers standards that they would rather NOT work than to do "work like that"...lol What it must be like to not have responsibilities.

Digging a slop trench on a pig farm is not my #1 job goal....but if it pays...and I need pay....Show me the shovel!

Old 11-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yea I don’t see how that is possible. I haven’t been to a store yet that doesn’t have a help wanted sign.

The author saying that stores don’t want workers they want slaves may be an indicator of the intent of the article.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
Obviously someone with an agenda, and the results are what he set out for them to be. JMO of coarse.
I’d like to see the application he submitted. I could most certainly FIND a way to not get a job, if that’s what I set out to do. I know of people who don’t want to work, but are ordered through the courts, or mommy’s and daddies to find a job. They never seem to find one.
I can GUARANTEE you I can personally get anyone a job starting at $20 an hour around here where I live. Show up on time, and be willing to work. It’s not that hard.
The article said results may not be typical in all parts of the country.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
The article said results may not be typical in all parts of the country.
I suppose.
That guy lived in Florida? My son lives there. I was just down there last month and everyone is hiring, just like around here. My son said some panhandler was hitting him up for money. He told the guy to turn around and look at all the “help wanted “ signs in all the store fronts. Ridiculous.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The panhandlers can make more money by panhandling than the wages paid.
The main reason they can't get a job would be they can't pass the piss test to get hired.
(or psychiatric tests?)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-01-2021, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
I suppose.
That guy lived in Florida? My son lives there. I was just down there last month and everyone is hiring, just like around here. My son said some panhandler was hitting him up for money. He told the guy to turn around and look at all the “help wanted “ signs in all the store fronts. Ridiculous.
That's what the guy is saying. Lots of help wanted signs, but had one interview after 60 inquiries. Maybe he is deliberitely trying not to get a job. Maybe the companies are as he says.