Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Need a replacement vinyl top for a 69 bonneville

Help,, anyone know where I can order a replacement vinyl top for a 69 Bonneville,, color Black??? thanks Bill my 33 coupe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijg2VXB25Lw

Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM

hey guy mine just came in the mail today looks great. performance years has them, the number for a 69 bonneville 4door sedan is b3240n they do have them for all the other models also let me know if you need any thing else as ive got several of these and catalinas. hope this helps, john

Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Just make sure it is the same thickness,as none of your trim will fit back on. And that the backing mat. is as original. Had to replace one that was the issue.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the infro guys,, I did a 68 Caddy, and removed the vinyl top and ran into that exact problem,, even more so by painting instead of replacing the vinyl,, The caddy had a thicker pad than the Bonneville does, so there was a bit larger gap to fix,, I used all-metal filler to fill in the gap and fit the trim to the body that way, [easiest way I could come up with ] but it turned out pretty nice,
I have decided to 2 tone the Bonneville in a Dark Graphite Pearl on the bottom and a lighter shade of the same for the top,, but where the colors change below the rear window,, I am thinking abour fading the colors together insted of replacing the trim that separated the vinyl from the paint origionally,

I just need to find the time to get busy on the bonneville, too many other irons in the fire right now,,
Thanks again BILL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68 caddy.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	133213   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 bonneville.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	133214