Old 12-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 77 Astre Formula Pic's (Long winded, Sorry)

Well it only took me a year to post the pic's of my Lastest Astre Formula Purchase.

The 1st 3 pic's are of in as purchased condition. With the bad Red Earl Shieb Paint job.

The PHS package confirms it is a True Formula, 2.5 Iron Duke, 200M automatic car. with a 2.93 open rear axle. The car is suposed to be Silver with the Formula appearance package, A/C, AM/FM Stereo, Hood Decal (I am unshure if I will actually try and reproduce the hood decal, it is way to disco 70's for me)

The Formula Appearance Package includes the Following.

External Decals, 3 peice rear spoiler (on HB's, Fomula Wagons were also available and they recieved the wagon rear window air deflector) Blacked out side window trim, grills, headlight buckets, & rear tail light panel. Along with Charcoal lower body accents & sport mirrors.
Interior included Ralley Guages, Formula steering wheel (with a silver arrowhead emblem simalure to the 70-72 GTO's, but an outline of the arrowhead, not solid.) And the Formula wheel required that a Tilt Colume be ordered, and the tilt required that Power Steering be ordered. Hidden additional cost options on the Formula Astre.

RTS Suspension with rear sway bar, and 13" ralley 2 wheels (Vega GT wheels) with blacked out Pontiac center caps, trim rings, and the wheel opening bright trim that normally only came on the Buick Skyhawk & Olds Starfire. And finally a chrome valve cover for the 2.5 iron duke, and a Formula 2.5 aircleaner decal.

The last 2 pic's are factory sales brocure shots of how the car is suposed to look. The car itself is from the Sandiago area, and if almost perfect from the window lower edges down. But it has holes in the A pillers, and the rear hatch is beyond repair. I have aquired most of the parts to repair it, along with most interior plastic to redo the interior.

The Iron Duke expired shortly after I bought the car, Cracked head, and broken timing gear. So I am planning on puting a V-8 in the car. Now I am prepared for the Bad comments, and I usually agree with putting a Pontiac in a Pontiac, But the engine compartment is so small on this car, that any Pontiac V-8 exept for a 301 would require major modifications & a hood scoop of some sort. So the plan is to put a 383 sbc using parts from a 79 Olds Starfire 305 parts car.

Any comments? Thoughts? Remember this is going to be mostly a street car, with some bracket racing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020443.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	151321   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020444.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	151322   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020445.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	151323   Click image for larger version

Name:	img94.gif
Views:	73
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	151324   Click image for larger version

Name:	img96.gif
Views:	103
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	151325  

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 12-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those were neat little cars. Not many of them around anymore. They sorta look like minni GTO's!! A friend of mine put a 305 in one 20 years ago. That car was fast.