Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default RA462 had a rough weekend...

Todd Sedlmeier (RA462) and his 1986 Grand Prix had a rough weekend when the motor broke @ 145 MPH. Either oil under the tires or a complete lock up caused his car to twist and end up on two wheels. Todd did a great job of driving to minimize the damage and injury, but has some major work ahead of him.

Best of luck getting things back together.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...k_testing.html

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So sorry to hear this. Let me know if i can help.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I watched it happen. Scary for sure. Good bit of driving, by both drivers, to keep it from being worse.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 08-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Me and my buds caught up with todd saturday night and in true canuck fashion, bought some beers from him Lol. Very cool dude! We talked cars for a bit and had a beer. Good luck getting it back together todd. Adam

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea it's going to be a long road. There are so many could have, should have, would have's going on in my head. I just put on a chute late last year but have never used it. That was the time to. Just tried to hold on and keep it off the wall. I know I won't go down the track in anything fast without a diaper on the engine! Well you know where the black marks on the track just after the finish line and the purple paint on the wall are from. I left my mark on the Norwalk quarter mile for sure. I do know the entire short block is scrap.

To make it worse I received a text while I was at the track that someone vandalized at my house while I was gone. Then was dumb enough to twitter about it. Not exactly my weekend. We just pushed the car out of the trailer last night after I cleaned up a bit at home and I'm going to start working on things tonight. Here is a picture of a couple boys working on the estimate for repairs.

Very glad the other guy with the blue 71 GTO has good brakes and his car was ok since I crossed over in front of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	963802_10201048931458693_1967675132_o.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	332306  

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...out/index.html
86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
433 High Port 12.04 @ 113
Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, that sucks. Main thing is your OK. The car can be repaired. Could have been a lot worse. X2 on the diaper.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA462 View Post
Yea it's going to be a long road. There are so many could have, should have, would have's going on in my head. I just put on a chute late last year but have never used it. That was the time to. Just tried to hold on and keep it off the wall. I know I won't go down the track in anything fast without a diaper on the engine! Well you know where the black marks on the track just after the finish line and the purple paint on the wall are from. I left my mark on the Norwalk quarter mile for sure. I do know the entire short block is scrap.

To make it worse I received a text while I was at the track that someone vandalized at my house while I was gone. Then was dumb enough to twitter about it. Not exactly my weekend. We just pushed the car out of the trailer last night after I cleaned up a bit at home and I'm going to start working on things tonight. Here is a picture of a couple boys working on the estimate for repairs.

Very glad the other guy with the blue 71 GTO has good brakes and his car was ok since I crossed over in front of him.

I was over in Todd's pit when the adjusters were looking over the carnage, the one said he has tools too.

I told him the damage was minor for a dirt car and he could just jump in the trunk and kick the quarter out and he'd be ready for the B Main, but in his case with engine problems too he'd have until next week to get her ready. I think all 4 tires were flat spotted too.

When the accident happened I was taking a shower and our camper was right where he stopped on the Summit side, told him although I didn't see it, I heard it and knew it wasn't good.

I hope the engine has some salvageable items when you get it torn down, minimize some of the cost of getting it back on the track. Racing of any kind ain't cheap though, but it surely is addictive.

Todd's a true racer and he will rebuild and be back stronger than before. There was some mention of a tube chassis Tempest replacement.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you have a diaper on it or not?
I modified my subframe on my car to make it easier to install a diaper rather its required or not when I get it back together. 10 years ago, I may have thought it was silly, but at this point in life, its not worth the risk anymore.
Glad no one was hurt, thats the main thing.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear about your car, Todd.

Glad you're OK, the car car always be repaired.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

glad your ok! trust me i know what its like, my car turned into the wall last november and norwalk was my first time back out in it. complete new front frame, hood and front clip. theres always a lot of work building it back but worth it in the end. a diaper is a must in my eyes theres no reason not to. good luck getting it up and running.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Did you have a diaper on it or not?
I modified my subframe on my car to make it easier to install a diaper rather its required or not when I get it back together. 10 years ago, I may have thought it was silly, but at this point in life, its not worth the risk anymore.
Glad no one was hurt, thats the main thing.
No Rob I didn't have a diaper on it. I modified the crossmember too but the headers are so TIGHT to the sides of the block I didn't think I could get one in there. Stupid G-Body. Someone said that a guy had some NOS quarters in the swap meet but I couldn't find him once I was had a chance to get over there. Anyone know that guy? My front clip is all glass and I made it myself so fixing the body and putting 4 new shoes on it with go a long way towards racing again.

86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck with getting it back together!
Just think of theme song to the 6 million dollar man every time your working on it!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That theme was in my head on Saturday Rob. It did give me time to see more of the cars this year. I was on a mission to checkout every 61-63 Tempest/LeMans since I picked up on earlier this year. Kind of a bummer I never did find that greenish 61 or 62 that was really fast. The best part was the company I had the majority of the weekend The weekend wasn't a total loss and we are heading back to Norwalk to see the Night Under Fire this weekend.

86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you can't get a diaper on, there is the option of a belly pan which is what I had to do. My pipes are touching my oil pan and there is no room to squeeze a diaper in between. It saved my hiney this weekend as it was catching the drips from my valley pan seepage.

Sorry about your car, That Sucks. But glad you are okay. Amazing job of driving Brutha.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Just think of theme song to the 6 million dollar man every time your working on it!
Or Jeff Spicoli... "Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i was in line at the time,... scary for sure for anyone... glad everyones ok

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM

do not have the name of the guy with rear 1/4 s he wanted 850 they were brand new i look at them for a 80 put would not fit he was by the tree in center north end may be supper duty promotions could help you

Old 08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was nice meeting you Todd but sorry for all the carnage...
Thankfuly no one was hurt. Sounds like chute helped out a lot.
I did put a diaper on mine but now looking at a chute. For safety sake..
Not sure I'll run the number needed for NHRA mandated chute but anything for safety..
Hope you can get it back together soon..
Maybe have that match race next Norwalk..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad your ok.... wrecks suck. Went sideways at 100+ once myself... I got real lucky and kept all 4 down and was able to drive back my legs/feet shakin like crazy.

BTW my 84 GP is for sale... pm if it will help your situation.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Todd,
It was good to see you again this weekend. I am very sorry for your troubles and thankful you made it through without injuries. The machine can be repaired and knowing your abilities and talent it will be better, safer and faster. Best of luck with the repairs. Please contact me if you need anything.