National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.pontiacusnationals.com/pontiac-drag-racing/

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Wow- George got front page on the flyer! Now he wouldn't dare not go...

Old 03-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations, George!

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 03-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
Congratulations, George!

Jim
Thanks!
Im planning on going down to Kentucky and making some shakedown passes, getting ready to go 63 Tempest hunting!

GTO George

Old 03-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
..... getting ready to go 63 Tempest hunting!

GTO George
Better hope you don't find one...........it could be the Butlers........

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 03-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
Better hope you don't find one...........it could be the Butlers........

Jim
Heck turbo cars ain't nothing!!

GTO George

Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 AM
Suspended

So I'm fighting like hell to make this race..........but it's not looking good!

GTO George

Old 05-28-2015, 09:14 PM

So as I understand if someone has a late model Pontiac F-body or late model GTO LS powered race car there is no class at this event to race in? When this event was held at Bowling Green in 2011 they allowed Pontiac's as described above to race at the event. Same goes for Norwalk, LS powered late model race cars are welcome. If I read the races rules correctly LS powered Pontiac's can only race in a class with DOT tire and closed exhaust.

Why are the two race car classes traditional Pontiac V8 powered only? It would seem the promoters maybe missing the boat here in helping this event have every chance to be a success.

N2

Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM

You all have fun at this event.

I received confirmation from the promoters today that I should not plan to attend this event with my small cubed; slick tired 10 second naturally aspirated LS powered Pontiac.

See you in the staging lanes another time.

N2

Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool FYI...

Quote:
Thanks!
Im planning on going down to Kentucky and making some shakedown passes, getting ready to go 63 Tempest hunting!

GTO George
Just getting a chuckle outta all the "Best Track in the Country" stuff here. I guess Kil-Kare is now officially the best kept secret. Total revamp gave us 1600 feet of concrete!!! Who else offers that? Maybe not the $5 million in grandstands yet...but we don't race there...do we? Sorry...no ice cream either. Even before the resurface...our 10 second GTO laid down its best numbers at Xenia. Always way too hot and humid at Norwalk. Car always liked that cool air in the valley at Xenia...but maybe we were just lucky.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
Just getting a chuckle outta all the "Best Track in the Country" stuff here. I guess Kil-Kare is now officially the best kept secret. Total revamp gave us 1600 feet of concrete!!! Who else offers that? Maybe not the $5 million in grandstands yet...but we don't race there...do we? Sorry...no ice cream either. Even before the resurface...our 10 second GTO laid down its best numbers at Xenia. Always way too hot and humid at Norwalk. Car always liked that cool air in the valley at Xenia...but maybe we were just lucky.
Kil Kare is an awesome track, they have done an excellent job with the new surface but they've turned the pit area into a road course and the now the staging lanes have got to be the dumbest set up I've ever seen. You can't watch any of the cars go down the track while waiting for time runs or eliminations nor see the scoreboards. If they can get their track management issues resolved this year, we'll go up more often than we have in the last couple of years. Love their Outlaw and index races once a month.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bowling Green doesn't impress me one bit.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Suspended

I've been to Beech a Bend ( a million years ago), Kil Kare and of course Norwalk and Norwalk is by far the BEST. Kil Kare is a nice track and would go back in a "Heart Beat" (I do prefer 1/4 mile racing), Beech Bend...........how can you not like a drag strip that has a camp grounds, water park and a amusement park all within walking distance!

GTO George

Old 06-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I've been to Beech a Bend ( a million years ago), Kil Kare and of course Norwalk and Norwalk is by far the BEST. Kil Kare is a nice track and would go back in a "Heart Beat" (I do prefer 1/4 mile racing), Beech Bend...........how can you not like a drag strip that has a camp grounds, water park and a amusement park all within walking distance!

GTO George
All it needs is a Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and a Golden Coral then it would be a premier facility....

Old 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RacingV8's View Post

I received confirmation from the promoters today that I should not plan to attend this event with my small cubed; slick tired 10 second naturally aspirated LS powered Pontiac.

N2
that's too bad. I never told anyone not to attend my event

Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RacingV8's View Post

N2
That's an awesome way to promote a first year event to get as many participants as possible to show up and race...

Old 06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Suspended

I thought you could in it in STREET class?
I think there was an online vote.

GTO George

Old 06-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Kil Kare is an awesome track, they have done an excellent job with the new surface but they've turned the pit area into a road course and the now the staging lanes have got to be the dumbest set up I've ever seen. You can't watch any of the cars go down the track while waiting for time runs or eliminations nor see the scoreboards. If they can get their track management issues resolved this year, we'll go up more often than we have in the last couple of years. Love their Outlaw and index races once a month.
They moved the staging lanes so that the spectators aren't cutting thru the lanes to get back and forth. It was a huge liability/insurance issue. We have been there in the old lanes, and had people step across between the tow truck and car.....while we were MOVING!!

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
that's too bad. I never told anyone not to attend my event
Well it is a little odd. I was told that it was not the decision of the promoter but the Sponsors. They said since the sponsors do not sale parts for LS engines they did not want cars setup like mine running in the race car classes at this event. That is OK I can live with that. I will say this I am like most folks and have fun with old and new Pontiacs, so I do buy performance parts for traditional Pontiac V8’s as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
That's an awesome way to promote a first year event to get as many participants as possible to show up and race...
I think it is a way to possibly only have a 1 year event. We race at Beech Bend several times a year and when I saw this Pontiac event was coming back again I planned to go and support it! Let me add Pontiac enthusiast with old or new model Pontiacs need to support each other.

Quote:
I thought you could in it in STREET class?
I think there was an online vote.

GTO George
What! Here I thought the promoter and sponsors did not want cars like mine at the event and now you tell me it was fellow racers that did not what late model Pontiacs racing at this Pontiac drag race event. I was told that the promoter and sponsors compromised and decided to allow Pontiac cars without Pontiac engines race in the STREET class. My guess is that was to give car show participants the chance to run. Regardless I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

N2

For clarification car is an SLICK tired car not DOT tires and full exhaust!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC21211.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	399486  

Last edited by N2RacingV8's; 06-03-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
They said since the sponsors do not sale parts for LS engines they did not want cars setup like mine running in the race car classes at this event.
Quote:
I was told that the promoter and sponsors compromised and decided to allow Pontiac cars without Pontiac engines race in the STREET class.
So, which is it?

What question exactly did you ask them and what was the answer?

Off-hand I'd say it is setup just like Ame's Pontiac Nationals and Steve Barcak's Pontiac Heaven event.
(and most of the other Pontiac races that have been put on before.)

Being the first year for this event, there is bound to be growing pains.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates