The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 05-11-2003, 08:28 PM

Has anyone switched in a new window regulator? If so what needs to be done? Thanks!

A$$, cash, or grass--you don't ride for free

Old 05-11-2003, 08:28 PM

Has anyone switched in a new window regulator? If so what needs to be done? Thanks!

A$$, cash, or grass--you don't ride for free

Old 05-12-2003, 06:13 PM

I had mine out last week because I had to pull the window so I could get the window track roller out and put in a new one. Not a big job on my 70 bitd. Once you get the door panel off then take off the windwo tracks on both ends of the window (3 bolts each). Next you just have to take out 5 bolts, 3 for the regulator and two for the guide for the regulator that is bolted to the door shell. Be carefull when you do this because the window will fall to the bottom of the door. I just put some rags under there to check the window. Once the window is lose, pull it out and that will allow the regulator rollers on the window track to release and you can just pull the regulator out. Not a big job. This is how I did mine, there may, however, be a faster way, but this work great for me.

Old 05-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't forget to replace the felt on the guides. I used some carpet that I found at AutoZone that was for the trunk, cut pieces to fit and used some glue that never hardens all the way...kinda rubbery if you may. If your like me you will have to drill it out then replace with bolts...

While your at it might as well think about window locks. You can find the actuators for 30 bucks and all you then have to do is fab the wire that goes to the lock. Create a small bracket and then drill 2 holes in the side of the door. Wire it up and then you got plocks! Just a thought....

Good luck!
Chris

http://home.austin.rr.com/transam78/

Old 05-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a bad idea to mark the bolts on the door so you can put it back in place with little or no adjustment. Just run a felt tip pen around the nuts or washers.