Old 05-03-2007, 12:05 AM

Default scored a new engine.....

Just picked up a new motor for my parisienne...Wsn't planning on changing it, but it was just too good a deal to pass up....Hoping to have it in by sunday..picked it up yesterday, got the old 283 out today.
It's a 327, with 350 heads, HEI, electric fuel pump, little bigger cam, flat top pistons, expensive dress up kit, $2800 in receipts. Also got a th350 tranny..engine/tranny combo has......273 miles
Should be a nice little upgrade....
Sorry for the crappy pic, my one arm is in a sling and its hard to balance the camera...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	327.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	90240  

Old 05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Everybody take a deep breath now, It's a Canadian Pontiac that came from the factory with a Chevy in it.

That should wake up that parisienne up a but. BTW what did they use for a trany in those cars from original? A Powerglide?

www.jandjrepairandrestoration
Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, a Powerglide.

Same engine/trans combination we got over here. Our cars were sourced from Canada too

Old 05-03-2007, 10:05 AM

ya, its always funny when people see our cars and stop by. We'll always stop and give them a bit of a tour of our 2 pontiacs, starting with popping the hood in my car to reveal the little SBC.
Naturally, thats what they expect when we pop the hood on the bonneville. Lots of people have this amazed look "wow! whats that??"

Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963PONTIACKID
ya, its always funny when people see our cars and stop by. We'll always stop and give them a bit of a tour of our 2 pontiacs, starting with popping the hood in my car to reveal the little SBC.
Naturally, thats what they expect when we pop the hood on the bonneville. Lots of people have this amazed look "wow! whats that??"
So the Canadian Bonnevilles, are they Chevy powered too?

www.jandjrepairandrestoration
Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 PM

No, there were no canadian bonnevilles, per say. The american models could be ordered up here, which is how ours came to be up here. Any built in canada, parisienne, laurentian, stratochief were all chevy power.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Chief

You will get a massive improvement with these cars even with just the T350 fitted due to the low 1st gear. Add the 350 and it will haul around pretty well for a big car.

The Canadian Pontiacs and Chevs that we got here are real heavy too. I dont know why but my old '63 Impala with no options (manual steer & brakes)
was 1980kg with a BBC in it but my Bonneville is only 1880kg. Amates '67 Parisienne was 195-ish kg as well with a SBC.