Old 01-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy
Default 1985 Grand Prix LE w/ pontiac 400 project.

1985 Pontiac Grand Prix LE - No title - I bought this to be a back up bracket car for my LeMans, but due to being laid off, I can not finish it at this time. here in Illinois we have the Bonded title process which costs several hundred dollars and takes a little time, but will end up with a usable title after the process is run. I just simply have not gotten to that point yet. I bought the car last year in running condition with the original 305/Metric 200. I have correctly removed the original powertrain, but have left all the factory plug ins and harnesses intact. All lights work, the wipers work, the heater works, the radio, electric windows and locks, even the trunk popper. The car had sat for quite a few years on concrete, but under a tarp. I drove the car from my house to my work at the time, (8 miles each way multiple times and the brakes work well, as did the power steering. The tires were junk from sitting, but the car is sound. The floor pans, lowere 1/4's and trunk extensions are excellent, as are the rockers. The frame has the surface rust as you see in the pics, but no cancer. The Bottoms of the doors are rusty at the seams where the water got past the weatherstripping and puddles up at the bottom of the door, this is not visual from the outside but it its there on both doors. The fenders have cancer behind the wheel moldings. the rest of the car is solid. The main structure is in very good shape, just could use a date with a soft blaster. Headliner was junk, so I just tore it out for now, the interior is surprisingly decent with the exception of the glove box lid. I have installed the heater replacement panel, and installed the correct 301 G-body frame mounts with parts store replacement rubber engine mounts. I have installed a B&M shifter to be used with a manual valve body TH-3 speed. I have also removed the inner fender plastic at this time for ease of tightening Pontiac header bolts. The motor is a 30 over 40 with a 3.75N crank, stock rods and flat top pistons with reliefs. .292/.490 lift lunati hydraulic cam, Edelbrock TII intake with the water crossover separated, Electric water pump, holley mechanical fuel pump, HEI distributor. #62 d-port heads. Motor has run mid 12's in my 72 LeMans. I also have coated Hooker A-body headers that will work with one tube modification to the #5 tube on the left side. I can send pics. I have installed Comp 3 way 90-10 shocks on the front. The rear suspension and differential is untouched at this point. I have electric fuel pumps and regulators, carburetors, torque converters and a 3.90 posi 8.2 10 bolt rear that I was told would work with this car as long as you used rear control arms with heim joints and put spherical bushings in the housing to allow for necessary travel with the changes in mounting geometry between the g-body and a-body mounts. Asking $1000 roller, or $1500 with motor. can mix an match other parts if wanted.
Any questions, feel free to pm me or text Adam 309-241-3497. thanks

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components
Old 01-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

bump $750 for car, $1250 with motor included intake to pan

Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Update 1/17/19
Car is still available $750 or $600 minus the shifter.
Engine is no longer available.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car available as a roller minus shifter. $500

Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sold