Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Default 1977 TA Bandit 4speed AC FS

I have 4 cars I am listing for sale on the forums. However, I only plan on selling one of them. So please keep that in mind if you are interested in this car.

I bought this TA at Carlisle in the mid 1990's. It was 100% original but pretty nasty as far as rust goes. I think it has around 80k miles on it. The original paint, decals, wheels, motor etc got my attention. We drove it home from Carlisle that Fall.

After the car set for a few years, the market was changing and I decided I wanted to build a Pro-Touring Bandit car instead of stock original.

The car is completely restored from the ground up. It took the better part of 10 years. It's got a very nice 455 425hp Spott's Performance built engine, RA Manifolds, Pypes polished stainless exhaust, 17" snowflakes, lowered front springs, factory AC, dynamat throughout. All new suspension parts, seat upholstery and door panels are all original and show quality. No power windows or door locks. I have the original build sheet info.

We either cleaned up the original parts or replaced them with new parts. I have a couple of gauges that need to be fixed but other than that the car runs great. The paint job is top notch. Since the restoration was completed in 2012, the car has sat in our climate controlled showroom except for a few Sunday drives. I don't think we've put 200 miles on it.

I never kept track of expenses on the car but I know I have over $55k in the car. During the build, I said I'll never get my money back on it but as most of you know, Bandit cars values have skyrocketed. This car is one of the nicest in the country.

$55k

Also see my ad for my Low mileage Super Charged 2005 GTO, my low mileage Super Charged 2005 Mustang GT and my 2001 6 speed TA. Remember, I'm only selling one of these cars. I don't have garage/showroom space for all of them!

Pics to follow.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I guess I missed it, where are the other 3 listed?

Old 08-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Administrator

the 05 GTO is in the LM GTO FS section, the 2001 TA is in the 82-02 FB/TA FS section.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Was this car sitting outside the door at your Pypes show?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Administrator

It was close to the front door on Friday but on Saturday is was on the grass in front of the hedges to the side of the hospitality tent.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Its a gorgeous car, I took a lot of photos of it.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a nice car- when are the pics coming?

'69 Firebird 400/461, 290+ E D-Ports, HR 230/236, 4l80E, 8.5 Rear, 3.55 gears
'64 LeMans 400/461, #16 Heads, HR 230/236, TKO600, 9inch Rear, 3.89 gears
'69 LeMans Vert, 350, #47 heads: Non-running project
Old 08-19-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

We used the car for this company video. It shows a good view of the engine compartment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Q51rs0O4jmE

More pics to follow.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Here's a couple. More to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_CARSHOW_D1_-5.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	491065   Click image for larger version

Name:	TA77.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	491066  

Old 08-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Couple of engine shots
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1977-bandit-radiator.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	491067   Click image for larger version

Name:	1977-TA-shroud-shot.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	491068  

Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Administrator

more pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bandit Insurance Images_.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	491375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit Insurance Images_-4.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	491376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit Insurance Images_-6.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	491377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit Insurance Images_-5.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	491378  

Old 08-30-2018, 05:38 PM

Just saw this car today. Out of my price range, but for you guys who don’t live as close to Max Performance as I do, and never saw this car, it’s one of the best restorations of asecond gen Bandit TA I have ever seen. Someone is going to get a gem! Worth every penny of the asking price. Wish I could have been able to get this one.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Administrator

A member brought this listing to my attention just today. I completely forgot this ad was here. Last Fall I put the Bandit car on ebay for $59k and received a full offer for the car. I removed the car from Ebay while the deal was finalized. I had reason to believe the new owner was rock solid. Turned out he wasn't. He (or his wife) changed their mind about the car without ever seeing it. By that time, it was February. 6 months had passed since I originally made the car available for sale. I noticed that the Bandit cars were continually rising in value. So I relisted it on Ebay for $65k with more pictures and details about the car. It is still on Ebay for $65k and I still maintain that this is underpriced compared to others I have recently seen on Ebay.

For those interested, it's listed here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Pontia...cAAOSwXHpctPDZ

Anyway, the $55k listing price posted last August is not a PY Forums discount! lol. It's an old outdated ad that I forgot about. I have already turned down offers for more than the $55k. I could go in there and update the original post now but then there would be some readers that would argue I was being sneaky or playing games. I wanted everyone reading to see the actual chain of events.

Additionally, I have sold the 2005 GTO. So as per my original post, the 2001 Trans Am and 2005 Mustang are no longer for sale.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Car is Sold

Old 04-25-2019, 10:37 PM

Probably should have also mentioned in the original ad that you re-bodied the car as one of the replaced or reconditioned parts....

Old 04-29-2019, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Waters View Post
Probably should have also mentioned in the original ad that you re-bodied the car as one of the replaced or reconditioned parts....
Chaz,

I bought that car for myself to restore the way I wanted and was perfectly content with changing the shell. It's still got MY 2nd owner car's original interior, dash, engine, transmission, shifter, 4 speed knob, rear, owners manuals, the entire T-top roof vin# data plate, tinted glass, etc. In the eyes of me and the state of PA, it is still the same car. So I would have no more reason to announce that piece of restoration information than mentioning that the original owner had a bunch of different women in the back seat of the car or that he was a big pot smoker! How about that Aunt Janie died in that car?

There's plenty of other topics that debate this subject because it is debatable.

Not everyone thinks saving a 3' x 8' piece of sheet metal (firewall) dictates the authenticity of the car. I am one of those people.

What I find interesting about you reaching out to buy this car, is that at first you insisted that you didn't care about the car being a resto mod and you weren't going for originality. But then you started asking me a bunch of questions about the original block, original paperwork and MOST IMPORTANTLY about whether I took care of all the stamped numbers in all the right places when I volunteered that I had used a near perfect rust free shell for it. Sure sounds like you were preparing to buy the car as an investment in the hopes that someday (maybe sooner) you could sell it as completely original? I mean why else would you care so much about all that information when you knew the car was highly modified? I call that being a hypocrite.

If you REALLY cared about doing the right thing (in your mind being transparent and offering full disclosure), then when you found out the car had a new body, you should have said thank you very much, I'm no longer interested in the car. Instead, you lowered your offer.

I always have maintained that the buyer has the right to ask any questions about a car and has the right to be told the truth. That's what I did and that's what you were CLEARLY NOT prepared to do at some point.

Your character is also revealed by adding your sour grapes reply above in an attempt to botch the sale to the new owner just because you lost out on a very nice car. Not cool.

Last edited by Ccass; 04-29-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Closed Thread