Old 06-18-2019, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66Gto front springs

Guys, finally gonna update the whole front end of the car...…..im sure the springs are bad.

Problem is I don't know if they are stock or not, Ive had the car 20 yrs now, and only replaced the back ones.

I like the way the car sits now, and doing the measurements I get 26 1/2 to the top of the trim in the middle of the wheel well, and using behind the wheel well to the top of the trim 11 3/4...……...was wondering if anyone that had the stock style springs could measure there heights so I could at least get an idea on what to order.

I see eaton springs can give you a one inch lowering spring from stock, but im not sure what stock is supposed to be.

Any help here would be great.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	All my pics 582.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	514418  

Old 06-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I always thought that the 1966 Tempest Chassis Service Manual says it best.

Name:	Page 0-7 1966 Chasis manual.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	514488

Old 06-19-2019, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey 660sprint...…….yeah I have that book, just checked it...…….I measured mine from the top of the trim, trying to figure this out seems there almost even the front to the rear in the book...…...my front is lower than the back.

Just wondering if ordering a 1 inch lower spring in the front should do the trick.

Rich

Old 06-19-2019, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the way your car sits...... looks great, not sure I would mess with springs unless you have an obvious failure....

Freshen up the suspension.... quality shocks ..... maybe some UMI sway bars and see how it goes from there....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
I like the way your car sits...... looks great, not sure I would mess with springs unless you have an obvious failure....

Freshen up the suspension.... quality shocks ..... maybe some UMI sway bars and see how it goes from there....
Thanks Troy, im gonna order center link, inner & outer tie rods, everything except the pitman arm, that should at least be good.

I do have the UMI front & rear sway bars on the car already, with Bilstein shocks front & back.

Now on the springs...…….this cant be good in the pic...…...lol, I put that in a long time ago to just get the front end to sit level...……

Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Control arms (4).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	514512  

Old 06-20-2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Chief

Gtorich. Eaton is a good place to work with. They told me if I do not like the way the car sits just send back the springs and tell them where you want to go up or down. They will send you another set.