Old 02-24-2019, 11:09 AM

Default This is an interesting dripper....RA5?

Gentlemen

I've never seen one like this. I can only speculate that it is from a tunnel port engine. Thoughts / comments

Cat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0346.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	506451   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0353.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	506452   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0352.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	506453   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0351.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	506454  

Old 02-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They look like RA 4 to me, not sure if they were used on the the RA 5. Tom S would know if they used them on tunnelports!

Last edited by steve v; 02-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Yes, my initial thought was ram air IV drippers. But, they do not fit my RAIV heads. In the one picture, I show both a RAIV dripper (top) and the odd ball dripper is below. Take note of the differences in the stud hole spacing.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cant remember!I have only owned one set of NOS COMPLETE set of V heads.Sold everything except the heads to Randy Williams MANY years ago.Maybe Kenny will jump in,he is really anal for having everything correct even if you cant see it.Tom

Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Does look to be a RAV dripper. The intake/exhaust stud spacing is the same as the std Pontiac, but the spacing between the two center stud holes changed. It should be about 2-5/8” on the RAV dripper. Took a picture of one.

They are very hard to find as I am sure most were the first tossed.
If you have four, they have value but I’m sure you know, a limited market.

If you only have one, it is more of a conversation piece.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dripper.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	506646  

Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I have. I have a pair of them. I was explaining to my friend what my ram air IV drippers looked like and he said he had some. This is what he brought over. Very cool. I didn't know that RA5's had drippers.... I looked on the Wallace website and he had a picture of them.

Cat

Old 06-25-2019, 04:32 PM
Senior Chief

When I came across this thread, I decided to go take a look at the drippers that I got with my RAV, and when I tried to line them up with the guideplates, they were too long..... So it seems I have a set of RAIV drippers. They actually appear to be NOS - there are no marks at all where they have been tightened against and they have a black coating on them. Are these (RAIV) available reproduction? I didn't think so. Since it was stated below that they are narrower between the two center holes, I figured no problem, I'll just cut a piece from the center and attach them as four pieces instead of two. Unfortunately, that won't work either. The spacing between each intake/exhaust stud pair is actually wider in the RAV. They are not the same as a RAIV as stated below. As you can see from the picture below which is lined-up on the centers of the RAV guideplate, the RAV is narrower between each cylinder pair, but wider between each I/E.

I'd love to have your pair, but I suspect finding another pair would be impossible and I'll likely just end up running roller rockers anyway and not using them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4543.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	514818  

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures
Old 06-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those pics are absolutely Ram air iv drippers if anyone needs a set I have a few