Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 02-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Default 2018 Pypes Exhaust / Max Performance American Musclecar & Truck Show June 29 & 30

Once again Pypes Exhaust & Max Performance are teaming up for another great car show on June 29th & 30th. This is our 8th annual show and we expect this show to be larger than past years. The reason why... the GTOAA Pontiac convention is being held a mere 13 miles from our facility... Our show is on the last day of the convention, June 30th.
We are having the same format as previous shows... Friday June 29th is our early-bird arrivals - people coming from afar just wanting to hang out with their Pontiac peers 'bench-racing', telling stories, meeting new friends, etc... Around 6pm, we are having our historical cruise around local towns bringing lots of noise and ruckus to the town-folk... the way it SHOULD be... After the cruise, we are ending up back at our facility for a free BBQ for all. On Saturday June 30th - SHOW DAY... the grounds will be filled with all kinds of American Muscle cars... actually 4 different shows... Besides an all Pontiac show, we host a Mustang show, an American Musclecar & truck show, and this year a Mopar show. We will have a pop vote award show giving out over 175 total awards. We're gonna have lots of food & refreshments to enjoy, a live band playing great rock & roll, close to 1000 cars to oogle over and great give-a-ways donated by our local vendors & dealers. Those prizes usually exceed $1500. The time this show starts is 8:30am and we should be finished by 4pm. Proceeds go to the ALS of Philadelphia. Check out our web site to register for the show. http://pypesexhaust.com/p-24066-carshow.html

Old 02-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Also happening at this show is the first ever... Pontiac Hall of Fame There is a Hall of Fame for Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Rock n Roll, etc... why not Pontiac... we deserve it..! The PPA Hall of Fame is an independent, non-profit educational institution dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the historical development of the Pontiac hobby and its impact on the industry by preserving the memory of those who have made outstanding contributions.
The Hall of Fame's mission is to preserve Pontiac's history, honor excellence within, and make a connection between the generations of people who enjoy classic cars. Induction into the PPA Hall of Fame is reserved for those who have made a significant impact on the Pontiac automobile as well as the hobby itself.

We will be displaying a spectacular display for all of our show participants to see. We will be announcing the names selected, then honoring them. We will be taking this display to the GTOAA convention dinner that evening and giving out the awards to the selected people and their families.

This is a once in a lifetime event you just can't miss..! See ya soon...

Old 02-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gonna try my best to get there this year. I missed it last year, but have made a couple previous to that. Always a great show. For those that have not attended its def. worth it. Thanks to Pypes for putting it on. They will even be able to hear the Pypes roaring from my car.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like fun we'll see you there.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Don't forget to register early... It's a fun day... Lots of cars and people to see... great food too...

Old 04-14-2018, 12:22 PM

MrGTO69, I made to the show 2 yrs ago as a spectator. This year the car can make the trip from lower bucks county. With lots of rust as its a survivor type car right now or in progress. I
m planning on contacting other Pontiac owners and try to caravan out and up the TPK to Landsdale. Is there more than one entrance for the cars? I seem to remember cars coming in from the grass field, is that how we should enter?

Thanks Nocwalker

Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Wink

Hi nocwalker. The way we have the cars get into the show has stayed the same as all the years prior. Last year we had a minor change because of the rain... For dry weather, we have the cars go to the Hatfield Meats building and turn left, and make the next left up thru the small parking lot, around a barn and onto the grass. Last year we had all the Pontiac show cars and vendors make a left before going to the Hatfield Meats building and stay on the road. That actually worked well. Either way, you will see signs off the main road showing you which way to go... Just do me a favor and bring nice weather... I placed an order for it already...

Old 04-16-2018, 05:25 PM

Ok MR, Thanks. I plan on getting some other cars to parade up the pike on that Saturday. Hope theres a half dozen of us. Hey, is there reconition for worst looking car ? lol That might be us!! We will be the pretty much unmolested Goldenrod Yellow 69 firebird convertible. The wife has owned the car since 79 and just would not part with her. We're trying to bring her back.

I know theres a bunch of Pontiac guys up near the landsdale area. We're looking for someone to do body and paint, if you have any ideas can you pm me?

Thanks nocwalker

Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocwalker View Post
I know theres a bunch of Pontiac guys up near the landsdale area. We're looking for someone to do body and paint, if you have any ideas can you pm me?

Thanks nocwalker
http://www.rstcustomauto.com/ Jim Clemens. He did work on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1419.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	480812  

Old 04-16-2018, 11:34 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Quote:
Ok MR, Thanks. I plan on getting some other cars to parade up the pike on that Saturday. Hope theres a half dozen of us. Hey, is there reconition for worst looking car ? lol That might be us!! We will be the pretty much unmolested Goldenrod Yellow 69 firebird convertible. The wife has owned the car since 79 and just would not part with her. We're trying to bring her back. I know theres a bunch of Pontiac guys up near the landsdale area. We're looking for someone to do body and paint, if you have any ideas can you pm me? Thanks nocwalker
If I can get my 69 FB to the show, I can show you what my body guy does... He treated me right. You'll see it with the rest of the employee cars there. Hopefully I'll have my 69 Grand prix there too... he did the body work on that car too... He's 2 towns over and does great work. Take care... Mike

Old 04-19-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Ok MR, Thanks. I plan on getting some other cars to parade up the pike on that Saturday. Hope theres a half dozen of us. Hey, is there reconition for worst looking car ? lol That might be us!! We will be the pretty much unmolested Goldenrod Yellow 69 firebird convertible. The wife has owned the car since 79 and just would not part with her. We're trying to bring her back.

Thanks nocwalker

Rich Mittman in Sellersville PA. Top Notch Auto Worx

He did my car quite a few years ago, and it still shows very very well. I wouldn’t let anyone else do my body and paint work on anything I own. Good luck. . Click on my picture twice to blow it up more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A243D484-3952-48A2-B540-2B9BF970E0F2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	481052  

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-21-2018, 06:51 AM

Jim Zeek, Thanks for the advise, I'll look em up.

Mike, Thanks man, see you at Pypes. I will have the 69 Bird, I'm not kidding that It will be the worst looking there. Hey, Make sure you look me up so we can talk. I need all the help I can get.

Hello Maryanne, I met you at Pypes 2 years ago, chatted for alittle while. about my wifes 69 vert. Thanks for the tip. Maybe see you there this year?

Thanks nocwalker, aka Bill V.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:05 PM

Anyone interested in splitting a Vendor spot on the grass? At $40.00 a spot with my junk I'd most likely end up owing money. I may consider a spot if someone would be interested in splitting the cost. PM if interested.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Just give you all an update on how the Pontiac Hall of Fame is going... A few weeks back, we sent out the initial e-mail for the committee members to vote, and recently we sent out a mass e-mail on the forums so the general public can vote. If any of you have not received this e-mail, please go to http://pontiacpreservationassociation.org/ and click on REGISTER. It's really easy to fill out... Name, E-mail & Subject to register. Once you finish, you will get 2 e-mails to click on... one for the Living nominees and one for the Deceased nominees. All you have to do is select 5 of each and you helped your pick get one step closer to getting elected. Please remember it's not a popularity contest... it's for who you think might deserve this honor that contributed to the Pontiac name and hobby. The top 2 or 3 are easy, but when you actually have to decide which others deserve the honor, it gets tougher to pick.

If there is anybody you like to write-in for next year, please do that in the comment section and enter his/her e-mail address. That'll help us reach out to that person too.

As far as who are the top 5 of each... you'll have to wait until our car show or at attend the GTOAA banquet awards. I have a feeling most people can figure out who the top vote getters will be for the living and deceased... We have a very special display that will be erected at our PYPES Car Show and at the GTOAA banquet awards. We have very special plaques that will be attached to this display and very special awards that will be given out to each person/family representative. I can't even tease you on the display yet... because I haven't even seen the display yet. One thing I can tease you on is that there is a really good chance of having a family member attend our car show and the GTOAA banquet ceremony whose completely responsible for our beloved cars... Hmmm... wonder who this can be..?????

Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Senior Chief

Looking forward to the Pypes show…is anyone staying at the Holiday Inn

Old 06-08-2018, 06:41 AM

OK, we're registered, The yellow 69 bird will be there, stop and say hi

nocwalker

Old 06-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Registrations are starting to flood in... keep 'em coming..!!! NINE days left before the registration is taken down... Bring on the nice weather..!!!

By the way... the Pontiac Hall of Fame display is almost done. Think of a special unique display that you have seen for something special occasion as this... now multiply it 10 times larger... this is going to blow your doors off... I have not seen it in person yet, but the snippet pictures I've been getting are amazing!!!

I'm talking to the families of the deceased & living inductees to attend our show and have got several locked in.
As many of you know Jim Wangers can not attend because of his health, so I am working on getting one of his nephews to come. He was with Jim traveling the country test driving new cars back in the day. I spoke to him for about 20 minutes on Tuesday and he sounds just like Jim... Can't wait to meet him..!

As for the voting... I hope all of you got a chance to vote...
I can let the cat outta the bag on two winners... one living & one deceased inductee... Jim Wangers & John Delorean... as you might have suspected... I can't tell you anymore because it's a surprise... You gotta come to the show and see for yourself !

Old 06-08-2018, 07:03 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

By the way... we are still having the cruise on Friday night and the free BBQ to all of the forum members. This year we are starting the cruise a bit early and stopping over a place to check out some really cool cars... Can't miss these cars... !

Old 06-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Jim Zeek, Thanks for the advise, I'll look em up.

Mike, Thanks man, see you at Pypes. I will have the 69 Bird, I'm not kidding that It will be the worst looking there. Hey, Make sure you look me up so we can talk. I need all the help I can get.

Hello Maryanne, I met you at Pypes 2 years ago, chatted for alittle while. about my wifes 69 vert. Thanks for the tip. Maybe see you there this year?

Thanks nocwalker, aka Bill V.
Yes Bill I’m registered weather permitting, we’ve had 4 weekends of rain May Into June so far. Let’s hope for a nice comfortable day. No rain, no 100 degree heat.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-18-2018, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can you get a swap meet space the day of the show