Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
Can you get a swap meet space the day of the show
Yes Jim... no problem... Just follow the Pontiac registration signs and come in that way... $40.00 for a 20 x 20 spots

Old 06-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is registration possible the day of the show? A lot of the times I dont know my schedule from day to day, let alone a week or so away. I have been several times without my car, now that its done I would really like to make the trip.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Is registration possible the day of the show? A lot of the times I dont know my schedule from day to day, let alone a week or so away. I have been several times without my car, now that its done I would really like to make the trip.
Absolutely... Seeya then...

Old 06-24-2018, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm planning on going, but not 100% positive just yet. So I haven't preregistered.

I want to show off my new disc brakes and the run to be my distance trial before I head north to Massena, NY in August for my 50th High School Class Reunion.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

The pre-registration ends at 11:30 tonight. The unveiling of the Pontiac Hall of Fame display will be very exciting... We received it on Thursday and assembled it on Friday. It's larger than life... Picture this... a Huge Pontiac emblem and medallion standing almost 9 feet tall... I have some work to do tomorrow to finish it. Registrations are coming in for the last minuters... Thanks for pre-registering. It makes the wait in line less .

One thing while in line... please be patient with us... We have some new people helping out because we are VERY VERY VERY short handed... Until they get in a groove, it's gonna be a little discombobulated... a couple of the helpers is my wife and daughter.

We have Jim Wangers' nephew Tom Wangers to hang out along with Arnie Beswick and hopefully Milt Schornack. Milt had a heart attack last weekend and is OK, but needs to limit his activities a bit. I stink was inserted in one of his arterities and he is recovering. Along with the above mentioned walking around, Scott Tiemann should be here too.

Bring on the nice weather..! Seeya there...

Old 06-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary, what route will you be travelling? If we both get a chance to go maybe we can caravan.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgto69 View Post
The pre-registration ends at 11:30 tonight. The unveiling of the Pontiac Hall of Fame display will be very exciting... We received it on Thursday and assembled it on Friday. It's larger than life... Picture this... a Huge Pontiac emblem and medallion standing almost 9 feet tall... I have some work to do tomorrow to finish it. Registrations are coming in for the last minuters... Thanks for pre-registering. It makes the wait in line less .

One thing while in line... please be patient with us... We have some new people helping out because we are VERY VERY VERY short handed... Until they get in a groove, it's gonna be a little discombobulated... a couple of the helpers is my wife and daughter.

We have Jim Wangers' nephew Tom Wangers to hang out along with Arnie Beswick and hopefully Milt Schornack. Milt had a heart attack last weekend and is OK, but needs to limit his activities a bit. I stink was inserted in one of his arterities and he is recovering. Along with the above mentioned walking around, Scott Tiemann should be here too.

Bring on the nice weather..! Seeya there...

You know I’m going to want that emblem, and will strap it on my 69s roof to get it.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kerry, I run up 95 to 476 and then the Northeast Extension (still 476), and off at the Lansdale exit. Early in the morning it's the easiest and fastest way to go. Give me a call Thursday night.

If Milt is going to be there then I have to go. I need his signature on my 66's visor. I forgot to get it the last time I talked to him at the SVGTO show.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 06-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

very good.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:02 AM

MrGTO69 and maryanne, we are bringing a support vehicle (my Truck) in case of problems and a place for my wife to find shelter from the heat. Where can we park the truck? My wife (69 bird owner) medical conditions have the heat affecting her sometimes and we may need to get her out of the heat at some point so, were is the best place we can park?

Thanks nocwalker, aka bill v

Old 06-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I'm planning on going, but not 100% positive just yet. So I haven't preregistered.

I want to show off my new disc brakes and the run to be my distance trial before I head north to Massena, NY in August for my 50th High School Class Reunion.
Hey Gary,,,,,,nice to see you again at the show today.....Terry & Bob from NJ

Old 06-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Great job Pypes team! Best Pontiac show in our area hands down. Thank you!

Jason Daubert 65 GTO
Terry Daubert 61 Catalina

Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsie View Post
Hey Gary,,,,,,nice to see you again at the show today.....Terry & Bob from NJ
Terry and Bob, it was great seeing you guys too. I hope you found some shade. I got home a 5:40pm and the temp on our thermometer under the carport in the sun was 110 degrees.

Overall this was a really good show this year. The number of cars there was amazing... that includes all the car makes in attendance. At least it didn't rain this year... tho we sure could use it.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 07-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to all involved it was a great time as usual! I really enjoyed driving in Friday eve, setting up the lawn chairs and drinking a few beers with some fellow car nuts. Saturday was awesome, lots of great Pontiacs and some nice Fords and Mopars also!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:05 PM

Thank you guys for putting this show on again.

My wife could not make it to the show since it was too hot for her with the medical conditions she has. The car belongs to her (69 bird), I told her about the joy I got from watching people get smiles on there faces and laughing at her car. I had set up a fender cover with some tools on it and a drop light hanging from the hood, she thought I was kidding with her about the smiles that it brought to many people. I also enjoyed talking to so many people and telling them the story of the car which my wife has owned since 1979. I had many questions from people about the car and enjoyed every minute. I hope I spoke to some of you guys on this site. I was also surprised to have so many vote for the car, I suppose it struck a cord and memories for them, I didn't see that coming.

Thanks again Pypes for a great show

Bill V 1969 Firebird conv. Goldenrod Yellow

Old 07-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocwalker View Post
Thank you guys for putting this show on again.

My wife could not make it to the show since it was too hot for her with the medical conditions she has. The car belongs to her (69 bird), I told her about the joy I got from watching people get smiles on there faces and laughing at her car. I had set up a fender cover with some tools on it and a drop light hanging from the hood, she thought I was kidding with her about the smiles that it brought to many people. I also enjoyed talking to so many people and telling them the story of the car which my wife has owned since 1979. I had many questions from people about the car and enjoyed every minute. I hope I spoke to some of you guys on this site. I was also surprised to have so many vote for the car, I suppose it struck a cord and memories for them, I didn't see that coming.

Thanks again Pypes for a great show

Bill V 1969 Firebird conv. Goldenrod Yellow

Saw you & your car there - looked like you were having a good time talking with people.

In a sea of shinny, well kept/restored/preserved cars, yours was a breath of fresh air!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea, I saw that yellow Bird with the tools on the fender, too. Cool twist on the typical display and very cool that it's your wife's car.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Another awesome Pypes show while it was blazing hot at least it didn’t rain and I was homered with the presidents award for the coupe. Thanks CCass and the rest of the pipes crew for a great day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6013797C-0846-492B-90ED-B8CE1D9FDC5A.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	486854   Click image for larger version

Name:	A18E6C20-A3D0-4934-AC73-7EB8A6EF6AFA.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	486855  

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 07-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOWAGON View Post
Another awesome Pypes show while it was blazing hot at least it didn’t rain and I was homered with the presidents award for the coupe. Thanks CCass and the rest of the pipes crew for a great day
Well deserved!

TOM
Old 07-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOWAGON View Post

Congratulations Chris - your car turned out great and is without question deserving of that award.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978