Old 02-19-2019, 05:26 PM

Your right, i thought it fixed it but a few days later it came back, as soon as the car warmes up it cuts out on left turns.. any ideas?

Old 02-19-2019, 05:55 PM
Senior Chief

I’ve never had a car that cornered good enough to have a fuel problem. Lol

Old 02-20-2019, 02:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=421 View Post
... any ideas?
Maybe go back to the idea of the float level?

Old 02-20-2019, 03:45 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

"Top down" analysis would first answer "fuel or ignition?",
I would be tempted to add an A/F ratio meter. Maybe borrow one? I'm glad I bought one a few years ago (only about $200), as I keep finding uses for it. Right now it's on my daily-driver Falcon six- it allowed me to quickly jet the carb for the ideal 14.7 ratio at cruise (rebuilt carb's jetting was way off). I've come up with a quick way to put the oxygen sensor in different vehicles without welding in a bung- drill and tap the pipe to the sensor's 18x1.5mm thread, and machine an "adapter washer" from a piece of steel bar stock with a concave face to match the pipe's OD (few minutes on a lather or mill) and the other face flat for the sensor's gasket to seal against.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:29 PM

Thanks all, i put petronix distributor and coil when we rebuilt it, i have tried everything i can think of fuel wise, i am going to swap the old distributor and coil back just to either eliminate that as a possibilty before i go back to searching fuel issues again. When it dies it starts right back up so you cant jump out and see if its fuel or spark.. what a pain in the ass.. sooner or later i will figure it out.. one guy keeps saying float to low, after trying distributor and if that isnt it then i will set the float a bit higher than 21/32nds and see if that helps any..who knows.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:55 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall...

Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Your not talking to a wall Jack..i pulled the intake off and had it magna fluxed, cracks from plenum floor ,up the wall across the top onto the other side.. what the hell.. i ordered an aluminum tripower intake off Ames..lets hope this fixes the damn thun* once and for all. Makes sense, car heats up, pulls very hot exhaust into plenum, super heating fuel and adding air to the mix.. sure hope so