Old 05-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Post GM Rochester Tripower Accessories

The following table from when I used to restore tripowers might prove useful:

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Roc...ccessories.htm

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Jon, not sure if you intended this in reply to my thread, either way, thanks for chiming in.

I still can't figure out why I can't connect my link without opening the end carbs.

Curious that your chart shows the same 9775713 link for all '64-'66.

60sstuff looked it up in the MPC and found 9775713 for '64 but found a p/n change for '65/'66 to 9781277. Assumption is this was a p/n change with no dimensional change.

Crudely measured mine is 1" side to side.

Bill Ryder says he measured his at 1-1/8" which might be just wide enough to make up the estimated 5/32" shortfall that I eyeballed on mine. He measured his installed, not clear how accurate Bill's measurement is and so far nobody else has found another that wide.

Kenth measured his at 1.060" which sounds like he took calipers to his. That is wider than mine measured but I'm pretty sure would still leave me 3/32" short of fitting.

Looks like the same diaphragm assembly was used by Pontiac from '59 on. And since mine came bolted to what seems to certainly be a correct '64-'66 bracket, I believe must mean the diaphragm has to be a '64.

Unless an earlier p/n bracket would also mount to and fit a '64 end carb the same way a '64 bracket would. Are the early brackets clearly different mounting style vs. the '64?

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't recall any p/n stampings on the Bracket or Diaphragm.

Do you know of any? If not, no way to confirm other than by measurements.

Hoping somebody can compare measurements with me. Kenth measured his diaphragm arm at 1.725"

I think that compares pretty well with the crude measurement I got with the ruler at 1-13/16" (1.8125").

Added up, he gets 2.49" from the face of the diaphragm to the very end of the link.

Assuming the link has a dia. of rod of 5/32" as I measured it, that places the clearance between the arm hole and the end of the arm at a shade less than 9/64".

Using a ruler, I eyeballed my clearance at 5/32". Pretty close.

And crudely measured, I got 2.5" from the diaphragm face to the end of the link.

Despite the crude measuring tool, I'm certain my measurements are pretty accurate. I need to have an additional 5/32", I'm sure my measurements are not that far off and Kenth measured his spare set-up from a '66 as all but the same.

I'm stumped. Not to mention bummed.