Old 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Post 66 Red 2+2 interior

I am changing out my 66 2+2 from a Candelite Cream exterior with a parchment interior to a Starlight Black exterior with a red interior.
I have a decent set of bucket seats and covers for the rear seat (rear seat frame was rusted).
Not much is original to the car, since the original 421 motor was gone when I bought it.
I am not looking to make it a numbers car, just a fun driver for the summer trips to the Jersey Shore.
Now I want to make it like I want it to look like.
A black, A/C equipped 4 speed 66 2+2.
I'll let my grand kids worry about selling a non-original car when I can no longer drive her.
I have swapped out the automatic for a correct 4 speed set-up, and installed a rebuilt, mostly stock 67 400.
It will soon have a 66 tri power set-up, currently being built by Dick Boneske, with RARE long branch manifolds and a 3.08 posi rear.

I have 2 options:

one is to find a decent, mostly complete, red 2+2 interior to install.
two is to spray dye my parchment interior red.

I have seen the red reproduction covers, and they look like reproductions. The Pleats don't have the definition, depth of the originals.

Anyone have pieces for my latest, and last project?

Thanks, Ron

Semper Fi
Old 06-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Black eh ? Most us have owned (1) black car......and that was enough...lol Any Pics ? Sounds like a fun set up too.