Old 06-29-2019, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

Default Master Cylinder Removal

Hello all,

I've gotten my drums off, new disc brakes on all around, and parking brake cables installed and tensioned. Now it's on to the master cylinder.

I managed to get that little nightmare of a clip off the brake pedal and I did pull the pin out as well. I am NOT looking forward to putting them back in. When I pulled the pin out I was expecting the bracket that is connected to the rod and through which the clevis pin runs through to come out but it seems to be well attached to the rod.

I haven't yet removed any of the firewall bolts but I guess my question is, does the rod and the bracket come out through the front?

Thanks!

Northwind with XFlow TBI
4L80E
3.50:1 Rear
Old 06-30-2019, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes it all comes out as one unit. Working under the dash is the hard part. I think that’s true for everyone unless you have the seats out. The nuts on the firewall side are a pain because the two closest to the engine require a wrench and turn a fraction at a time

Old 06-30-2019, 07:20 AM
Senior Chief

I thank you. Then I'm hoping the worst is behind me. I'll be digging into it again a little later today. Thanks!

Northwind with XFlow TBI
4L80E
3.50:1 Rear
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM

might want to order a new pin and clip so that you have what you need on reassembly. they can fly pretty far and fall into dark corners. even inside the car.