Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

SRT4s run high 13s in the 1/4 if the ricer knows how to drive it. My Hemi Ram ran better than 9.4 in the 1/8 bone stock including the tires and 3.55 gears. I think my 1/8th is 9.2 now. Not bad for a 4800 lbs truck with basic bolt ons.

I didn't know those 98 Ls1s were so quick!

No Pontiac stories yet but I get all kinds of dumb asses trying to race my truck. I stomped a v6 single cab short bed chevy. When I stopped at the gas station the guy started asking me about my truck and he was impressed. He drove a v6 for f*cks sake. I've also had a million tuners try to run against me including a susuki and a kia. I've also put down a few Duramax diesels and a hand full of new Tundras. Beat a few 5.0s and a bunch of new Vtechs, beat a 350 and a G35, beat a super charged harley davidson F150.

Lined up with a pair of kids talkin crap at the track. Decent looking, killer sounding 72ish C10 pick up. They said "14.6???? no way, I don't believe that." We lined up, I did a small burn out, We staged, I launched and they backed up and left. I don't know why???

I had some 2000ish Firebird on my ass for a few miles late one night. When the road went to 2 lanes I scooted over and waited until I could see his hood in my window. Right before I floored it I noticed it was a Trans Am! My truck downshifter from 5th to 2nd and after that he didn't gain an inch on my and I bet him back to where it went down to 1 lane again. He stayed about 1/2 mile back the rest of the way home. I bet he wasn't expecting a truck to take him haha

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 07-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thought I'd tell this one and bump the thread. Drove my 87 F250 into Jefferson county the other day. It's a modified 6.9 with a pump turned up 15 % , DT466 turbo, ported heads, and a intercooler modified from a Peterbilt truck.
Anyway I'm sitting on highway 30 when some ricer pulls up playing loud annoying (C)rap.
Didn't want to hear it, my factory stereo wouldn't tune it out, but a loud diesel would.
Just started revin' the ole' 6.9. That was a much more pleasant sound to my ears
Well, the Mitsus'hiti started revving his lawn-mower engine up like he wanted to play (the rear wing looked like a lawn mower handle so, I'm guessing it was a lawn mower engine ?)
I backed the old F250 up, and heated the tires up and moved back up to the white line.
Light turned green and it was even until my tach swung past 3,000 rpms the turbo was really getting VOCAL and sounded like a F15. By 4,000 I had a fender and a fair amount of black smoke. And the sound of a V8 diesel is like a mechanical symphony when they wind up. I got a little ballsy and pulled it to 4,500 and whipped it into third without using the clutch hoping I wouldn't blow the transmission to smithereens. It caught several feet of rubber hard while doing it, which sure sounded good. By the time 3rd went to 4th (at 4500 rpms) it was my race; I had more then a length and shut 'er down because I had clearly won.
Of course riceboy had to keep going and fly by me at 100 + like he won
Just another day to me, but it was funny whipping a ricer in my old worktruck

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.

Last edited by 455Grandville; 07-02-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

haha nice story! Those old diesels rev that high?

Jefferson County, Texas?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison heart View Post
haha nice story! Those old diesels rev that high?

Jefferson County, Texas?
Oh yea. Gotta play with the governor a little (6.9 & 7.3s stop around 3400 rpm)

Missouri.

Wife and I have a lot of family in Texas; Grapevine and San Antonio.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ah, that's cool. I got a few friends that play around with old diesels but they're all Cummins guys. I'd love to have a Cummins

I'm between San Antonio and Austin but I know some people from Port Aurthur (Jefferson County)

Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ah, that's cool. I got a few friends that play around with old diesels but they're all Cummins guys. I'd love to have a Cummins

I'm between San Antonio and Austin but I know some people from Port Aurthur (Jefferson County)
Isn't that where Janis Joplin was from ?

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, She was good friends with Doug Sahm who was from San Antonio.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit View Post
Back in the late 80's in my SE T/A i had a 96 headed 455 [thanks Kyle for the motor],turbo 400,2,800 stall ,3.23 gear.Some guy drove about 20 miles from Decatur.Ga to Riverdale,Ga because he had heard about my T/A.He had a 1980 T/A with a Chebbie 454 ,well we ran heads up and by the end of 1st gear he was toast and i won by an EASILY 5 car lengths.Well at payment time somebody yelled that i have a sneaky pete bottle in my door panel and i said No it's behind the driver seat.So after he claimed i cheated,i told him i give him 10 cars but needless to said he wouldn't run me again,i could have put 10 cars on him with just the motor.So after all the heated talking that night i had only one other thing to say to him "you should have left the 301 in there,it probably would have ran faster".
Very cool story -- when I had the 74 SD455 T/A - ( tuned to 450 hp )- My friend who had a Camaro ( 454 ) would not race mine .

Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 AM

i got one its not really to impressive but my first

my dad was driving my 1970 lemans with a 350 and were stoped at a stop light on a 4 lain highgway(route 23) and the local "tuner" group pulls in behind us and 3 of em oull up on both sides.

Im a gear head and i go to formula d (drifting) events once in a while so i understand the sport. the real drifters and tuners put **** loads of money to make awsome cars so i can respect them. my local tuner club comprises of highschool drop outs driving 4dr civics with body kits and exsesive bondo so they get no ones respect.

so i have 3 civic son my sides the one on the passnger side smelt of wwet bondo and spray paint. they were all crappy so the light turned green and my dad sat their and let get 4 or 5 car legths then gunned it. needles to say we whiped the floor and beat them to the next light buy 3 car leghts.

i no its might not be as dramatic as some of your stories but its my first. theirs a 87 grand national in my area so ill be on the look out for it and mabey i get to race it

Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 AM

My DD is a 99 V6 Tacoma, Supercharged, 9.5 PSI pulley, headers and too much else to list. Its definitely a sleeper, not the fastest thing in the world, but has surprised quite a few unsuspecting 350z's, new edge Mustang GT's, and S2000's.

Anyway, my brother custom built this three wheeled bike with a briggs & stratton, after it was finished, he wanted to test it. So one night we loaded it into my truck to take it somewhere to give it a test run. We ended up in this desolate industrial area, unload the bike. As he was riding the bike, I hear the sound of two really loud fart cans in the distance, This recurred every couple minutes. I thought nothing of it

We get done testing it, and load it back into the truck. As I pulled onto one of the desolate streets, there I saw two cars, a mid-late 90's civic and a similar year integra drag racing, they even had someone flagging them. While they were farting down the street, I pulled up to the flagger and jokingly said "which one of your friends wants to get smoked?" He looks at the truck, looks at the motorized bike in the bed and says, those cars aren't stock, one has a B 16, the other a B 18, I think you're the one that needs to worry about getting smoked." I laugh.

The two cars came back down the street, the flagger walks over to them, said something, and the two drivers laughed. Then they line up next to me. Flagger drops his hands and I immediately get the jump on the two, Pulled two cars by the middle of second, and continued to pull till I let out. I didn't even stop to turn around I just kept going, turned the corner and left. I can only imagine how the conversation with them went after that, getting whooped by a pickup truck with two people, and a briggs powered three wheeler in the bed haha!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HAHAAH THAT'S GREAT!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The most fun I have had drag racing was a Tour'D'Wangers just before they closed the track in Carlsbad, CA. That's me in my 68 GTO and my mother in the 71 Grand Safari wagon. Also had my dad driving my red 68 GTO and my sister was driving my 94 TA. Great day when you can race your 75 year old mother...
She had some real good reaction times, but the wagon still had a 2 brl carb and a single exhaust on a 455.

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
2004 GTO Company car, 1994 TA 25th Anv, 1971 Grand Safari Wagon, 1968 GTO EFI, 1968 GTO Stock, 1968 GTO Convertible in desperate need of restoration.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

here is my resend story happend 2 weeks ago taken from another board please forgive my spelling... .
G-Mashine Firebird VS Austin Martin Vantage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy,s befor you gonna spil your guts and give me a hard time THIS TOOK PLACE IN EUROPE.

Im not sure if some of you guys bilieve this but here it gose.
Yesterday i whent to a car show in Belgium lots of germans dutch guys and ofcours belgiums.
Afther we set of back to our home we encounterd a new dark Blue Austin Martin vantage. pushing up to everybody at 140kmh to make room for him!!.
At first i just let him pass, but he behaved very dominant on the road and my frind and co pilot named Fearless Freddy, said why dont you see if you can teatch him a lesson..

So i pushed some more trottle and catsht him up a bit but kept my distance due to trafic.
My frind who knows these roads said dont worry in about 1000 yards it wil open up to a 4 lane. The guy obviusly saw us closing in while he still had traffic in frond of him.

When the road opend up he flored it and i whent with him stayd on him but with some distance.
My frind said hes gonna take the nekst turn of right witch wil imidiatly gose over in a lang left turn!!. and sure enoughf the Aston Martin dove in the corner and took the middel of the road in the left hand turn.
I shifted back just befor the turn and put the trottle douwn looking for max grip on the Nitto tires(god bless them) and speeded up to 210 kmh, and i past him an the inside!!!!!!.

The guy obiusly had no idea ore ever heurd of a G-Mashine Pro-touring kind of a car!!.
afther the turn we took lead but kept it resirved at 150kmh due to traffic YET he was on our ASS to say it mildly and not amused he obiusly wanted to make a point that he was the ""govener"" of the road.
My co pilot and frind said let im pass and go behind him , and i said no lets just build up his frustration a bit first. we need to play this wel as a Austin Martin vantage is hard to beat. for the necst 10 min it whas tug of war and dukiing and diving.
Then i Finnaly when over to the mid lane!! and shifted back to 3e being reddy for him!! he came passing us full troutle leaving nobody around unotished(nobody whas there of cours but you guys know what i mean) him being seriues and that he whas going all the way!!.
We imidiatly pulled behind him in his slip stream and we where off!!! like as WARP SPEED!!.
i pulled a 135 ore something MPH at 6000 rpm in 3e befor i shifted into 4th, and rpm whent up.
This cvms 461 CI 4.25 stroke 400 Pontiac Engine screamd his guts out and kept on pulling and to my sirprize whe creept towards him!!!!. i nearly kissed him 3 times on his bottom forsing me to let of some gas but only slightly.

then the Aston Martin when across to the right about a foot from the left lane to the middel lane, and i jumt out of his slip stream to the left and past him at 5800 rpm doing 305kmh!!!!! and BEAT HIM at top speed and acseleration!!. and not to long befor that i beat him in a corner...
Im pretty sure the guy was not imused and kinda pissed off getting his butt Spankt bij a 42 year old Firebird(with some mods heheheheheheheh).

I had a bearly 300rpm left, but im glad we did it . altho when we got of the highway at the necst junktion and drove the car home limping back to our home port and garage.
I lost some engine oil transmission oil and my right Mirror came of!!! hanging on a wire.
damaged my headers!!! my window wipers spontainly started to runn as wel. this all lasted a roughf 20 min!!! . But Damm what a ride what a car!!!..
I can now ad a Aston Martin Stikker to my Ferrari and Porshe kills. that i previusly made...

Coming winter the engine will come out afther only 3300 miles on it and it wil get the solid roller cam upgrade with a custom grind, lifter bore braces and then FINNALY we are going to put the Variable Rocker system on it . heads and manifold will be send back to the USA for more portwork (325cfm).
rear ratio wil be changed from 3.42 to 3.08.... transmission upgrades . for necst season......
Attached Thumbnails

Old 10-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Senior Chief

Default I only have a hundred or so of these....

mid-late 1970's, Driving north Route 1 in Beltsville, MD, late at night, come across an early 70's Vette (small block) with a couple of kids in it, like me. Russell or Bob in the car with me. Try to get the Vette to race, but he doesn't respond. Then, the passenger rolls down the window and asks me if I want to race a Rambler (okay I figure the guy has a fast AMC of some sort), so I ask him "Is that what that is? Here i was thinking it was a corvette, but now I see it's a Rambler. This banter goes on for awhile until I find his weak spot. The passenger asks me what size engine I have. I reply "283 Chevy---just---like---you!" Now I got him. He nails it and my 1970 Trans Am with 3.31 gears, turbo 400, 455 HO heads, Ram Air IV cam & intake, Hooker Super Comps (2" primary), forged +.030" TRW, eat him alive from about a 40 roll. Naturally, we slow down and offer to sell him a V8 for his car.

Stuart

Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage david View Post
here is my resend story happend 2 weeks ago taken from another board please forgive my spelling... .
G-Mashine Firebird VS Austin Martin Vantage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy,s befor you gonna spil your guts and give me a hard time THIS TOOK PLACE IN EUROPE.

Im not sure if some of you guys bilieve this but here it gose.
Yesterday i whent to a car show in Belgium lots of germans dutch guys and ofcours belgiums.
Afther we set of back to our home we encounterd a new dark Blue Austin Martin vantage. pushing up to everybody at 140kmh to make room for him!!.
At first i just let him pass, but he behaved very dominant on the road and my frind and co pilot named Fearless Freddy, said why dont you see if you can teatch him a lesson..

So i pushed some more trottle and catsht him up a bit but kept my distance due to trafic.
My frind who knows these roads said dont worry in about 1000 yards it wil open up to a 4 lane. The guy obviusly saw us closing in while he still had traffic in frond of him.

When the road opend up he flored it and i whent with him stayd on him but with some distance.
My frind said hes gonna take the nekst turn of right witch wil imidiatly gose over in a lang left turn!!. and sure enoughf the Aston Martin dove in the corner and took the middel of the road in the left hand turn.
I shifted back just befor the turn and put the trottle douwn looking for max grip on the Nitto tires(god bless them) and speeded up to 210 kmh, and i past him an the inside!!!!!!.

The guy obiusly had no idea ore ever heurd of a G-Mashine Pro-touring kind of a car!!.
afther the turn we took lead but kept it resirved at 150kmh due to traffic YET he was on our ASS to say it mildly and not amused he obiusly wanted to make a point that he was the ""govener"" of the road.
My co pilot and frind said let im pass and go behind him , and i said no lets just build up his frustration a bit first. we need to play this wel as a Austin Martin vantage is hard to beat. for the necst 10 min it whas tug of war and dukiing and diving.
Then i Finnaly when over to the mid lane!! and shifted back to 3e being reddy for him!! he came passing us full troutle leaving nobody around unotished(nobody whas there of cours but you guys know what i mean) him being seriues and that he whas going all the way!!.
We imidiatly pulled behind him in his slip stream and we where off!!! like as WARP SPEED!!.
i pulled a 135 ore something MPH at 6000 rpm in 3e befor i shifted into 4th, and rpm whent up.
This cvms 461 CI 4.25 stroke 400 Pontiac Engine screamd his guts out and kept on pulling and to my sirprize whe creept towards him!!!!. i nearly kissed him 3 times on his bottom forsing me to let of some gas but only slightly.

then the Aston Martin when across to the right about a foot from the left lane to the middel lane, and i jumt out of his slip stream to the left and past him at 5800 rpm doing 305kmh!!!!! and BEAT HIM at top speed and acseleration!!. and not to long befor that i beat him in a corner...
Im pretty sure the guy was not imused and kinda pissed off getting his butt Spankt bij a 42 year old Firebird(with some mods heheheheheheheh).

I had a bearly 300rpm left, but im glad we did it . altho when we got of the highway at the necst junktion and drove the car home limping back to our home port and garage.
I lost some engine oil transmission oil and my right Mirror came of!!! hanging on a wire.
damaged my headers!!! my window wipers spontainly started to runn as wel. this all lasted a roughf 20 min!!! . But Damm what a ride what a car!!!..
I can now ad a Aston Martin Stikker to my Ferrari and Porshe kills. that i previusly made...

Coming winter the engine will come out afther only 3300 miles on it and it wil get the solid roller cam upgrade with a custom grind, lifter bore braces and then FINNALY we are going to put the Variable Rocker system on it . heads and manifold will be send back to the USA for more portwork (325cfm).
rear ratio wil be changed from 3.42 to 3.08.... transmission upgrades . for necst season......
Attached Thumbnails
Awesome RoadRage -- great story.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
mid-late 1970's, Driving north Route 1 in Beltsville, MD, late at night, come across an early 70's Vette (small block) with a couple of kids in it, like me. Russell or Bob in the car with me. Try to get the Vette to race, but he doesn't respond. Then, the passenger rolls down the window and asks me if I want to race a Rambler (okay I figure the guy has a fast AMC of some sort), so I ask him "Is that what that is? Here i was thinking it was a corvette, but now I see it's a Rambler. This banter goes on for awhile until I find his weak spot. The passenger asks me what size engine I have. I reply "283 Chevy---just---like---you!" Now I got him. He nails it and my 1970 Trans Am with 3.31 gears, turbo 400, 455 HO heads, Ram Air IV cam & intake, Hooker Super Comps (2" primary), forged +.030" TRW, eat him alive from about a 40 roll. Naturally, we slow down and offer to sell him a V8 for his car.

Stuart
Good one == Pontiac power !!!!!!!!!!!! .

Old 09-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
SRT4s run high 13s in the 1/4 if the ricer knows how to drive it. My Hemi Ram ran better than 9.4 in the 1/8 bone stock including the tires and 3.55 gears. I think my 1/8th is 9.2 now. Not bad for a 4800 lbs truck with basic bolt ons.
I was going to a party Friday night with the wife in my 7.3 Powerstroke (best 1/4 : 11.77) when a buddy past me in his P'stroke crewcab. Like a couple of kids we kept playing and when we had a clear shot down I-44 I stayed with him 'til about 110, then he started pulling away pretty fast. I couldn't stay with him (pic on sig) and his truck is much heavier and has a shell on it; so Im kinda pissed he beat me having the same engine

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=poison heart;3431038]SRT4s run high 13s in the 1/4 if the ricer knows how to drive it.

??? Ricer???

Last I checked an SRT-4 was an American car. Not my cup of tea, but my son's car has run as quick as 13.3 @ 108 with a Stage 2 kit and nothing else. Traction is a serious problem and he's broken an axle at Budd's Creek. But on the street, he hangs with his mid-upper 12 second friends. I've seen the videos and the time slips.

[Quote=455Grnadville]I was going to a party Friday night with the wife in my 7.3 Powerstroke (best 1/4 : 11.77) when a buddy past me in his P'stroke crewcab. Like a couple of kids we kept playing and when we had a clear shot down I-44 I stayed with him 'til about 110, then he started pulling away pretty fast. I couldn't stay with him (pic on sig) and his truck is much heavier and has a shell on it; so Im kinda pissed he beat me having the same engine

Wow. I had no idea that those things ran in the 11's!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just because it's an American made car doesn't mean it's not a ricer. Look at most of the dip****s who drive them. Of course maybe not your son and not 100% of people who drive them are dumb asses but they are a little 4 banger car and they sure as hell don't fit into the muscle car crowd

Old 09-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Just because it's an American made car doesn't mean it's not a ricer. Look at most of the dip****s who drive them. Of course maybe not your son and not 100% of people who drive them are dumb asses but they are a little 4 banger car and they sure as hell don't fit into the muscle car crowd
Ive seen 4 door Saturns with huge cheap wings on the trunklids

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd