Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

steve I really enjoyed reading the yenko forum and looking at the pics of the Lincoln and gramps . too cool of a car and I would have kept it instead of the formula also for the family tie. I got to ask a question, why did you black out his last name???? not that I have any desire to google him or anything I just was curious.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just the usual paranoia, in case the KGB still holds a grudge after half a century ;-)

Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 PM

Wow, that's karma at it's finest, congratulations to you both!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Just the usual paranoia, in case the KGB still holds a grudge after half a century ;-)
I totally understand that. that would include our government also. your formula for mold removal looks like it worked well, how much of each did you mix, I am always afraid of bleaching things out.

The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was half a bucket of hot water and just a couple capfuls of bleach. I then added a one second squirt of dishwashing liquid. I used a wash cloth to washed the upholstery. I kept rinsing the wash cloth off in the water bucket. I let it dry and then repeated the process with a new batch of water/bleach/soap. It worked great.

The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 PM

Very nice car Bentwheelbob! Is it a true 455 HO? Black on black it appears?

Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA_Birds View Post
Very nice car Bentwheelbob! Is it a true 455 HO? Black on black it appears?
You betcha it is...go here for the full thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=695444

Old 09-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default First Drive

I finally got home last night about midnight and was able to see the Black Car in person for the first time. Wow. I went to the DMV this morning and got it registered and picked up a temporary hard plate. This evening I got home from work, put on the plate, fired it up and away I went. I've only got a few things to say....

- Ho Lee Shet...

- DAMN!!!

- I've got to change my avatar...

This was my first time driving a 455HO and I was not disappointed. Compared to the Hemi in the Yellow Car which wants 5 to 7 minutes warming up before rolling down the road, the Black Car fired right up and was ready to roll with little warm up. Once up to operating temp, the Black Car ran fantastic. Quiet, tight, no rattles and power to spare. It doesn't feel like it has as much top end as the Hemi, but it sure felt like it got to 110 mph quicker and with less drama. Much tighter and quieter car, although the M-22 did seem a little whiney. I've got to get the truck done now as this makes me really anxious to get the Pat Brown 455HO transplanted into the Red Car.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and I am looking forward to taking a longer cruise. Today being Friday the 13th, I did not want to risk the positive karma around this car by traveling too far from home.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bentwheelbob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing sweeter than an M22 whine!! Congrats Bob!

Old 09-14-2013, 03:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad you like it! My twelve year old assembled the engine, helped by his older sister and me and the wife. Everybody installed two pistons each. Great family bonding event. Being a Mopar guy originanally, i always wondered what all the hubbub was about concernng the M22 whine. Sounded just like a Chrysler A833 four speed.

By the way, she runs on regular gas...no need for premium!

Old 09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, and when you fill the tank, don't stop at the first click otherwise you'll be wondering why the gauge only reads 3/4 full. It takes a while to fill the tank to capacity...but you can empty it REALLLLY quickly at full throttle. I think it gets around 8 mpg. :-)

So are you planning on painting it in the near future? (and getting rid of that darned Gravel Guard stuff on the rockers and fenders?)

Old 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
I finally got home last night about midnight and was able to see the Black Car in person for the first time. Wow. I went to the DMV this morning and got it registered and picked up a temporary hard plate. This evening I got home from work, put on the plate, fired it up and away I went. I've only got a few things to say....

- Ho Lee Shet...

- DAMN!!!

- I've got to change my avatar...

This was my first time driving a 455HO and I was not disappointed. Compared to the Hemi in the Yellow Car which wants 5 to 7 minutes warming up before rolling down the road, the Black Car fired right up and was ready to roll with little warm up. Once up to operating temp, the Black Car ran fantastic. Quiet, tight, no rattles and power to spare. It doesn't feel like it has as much top end as the Hemi, but it sure felt like it got to 110 mph quicker and with less drama. Much tighter and quieter car, although the M-22 did seem a little whiney. I've got to get the truck done now as this makes me really anxious to get the Pat Brown 455HO transplanted into the Red Car.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and I am looking forward to taking a longer cruise. Today being Friday the 13th, I did not want to risk the positive karma around this car by traveling too far from home.
Congrats on the new ride Bob, wish you many happy miles!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't forget the video!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM

The white car and the black one are outstanding. Congrats to both of you. The story on the Lincoln and Steve's Grandfather is awesome. The pictures with Kennedy and Nixon are amazing. You must be very proud of your family history.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, I am quite proud of my ancestors. There were truly part of the greatest generation.

And I do think they lent a little assistance from the great beyond in finding the SD.

Seven days after getting Grandpa's car here after putting it off taking delivery for many years, the SD popped up and it is the exact color scheme that Grandma's car was originally: Cameo white with a saddle interior and no spoiler, and from New York just like her car.

So I guess now I have to paint Grandma's car back to its original white...or I'll let my kids do it after they are done arguing over who gets the Firebird and who gets the Lincoln. :-)

Old 09-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Don't forget the video!

Boss - this one's for you. Thanks for answering the call of duty when I dial your number.

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/be...f4825.mp4.html

My neighbors are all thrilled that I have a new car...

Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
Boss - this one's for you. Thanks for answering the call of duty when I dial your number.

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/be...f4825.mp4.html

My neighbors are all thrilled that I have a new car...
That's what I'm talkin about...nice job!

Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wall Art

My Pal Dave and I got a few things done today. I have some new wall art in the Hot Rod Garage courtesy of NJSteve and the Black Car. We also worked on the truck a little and cleaned up Black Car some as I am headed for my daughter's fall softball game and our first cruise together. Here's a few pictures.

Life is good.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am so jealous of your garage!!

Looks good, and congrats on your new acquisition.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Boy, here come probably this years stupidest or ignorant question: I thought the M21( Rockcrushers) whined, do the M22's whine noticeably and can I assume that my car does also have a M22( 73 original trans) ?
BTW, ignorance doesn't mean stupid, only lacking information( I put that in there for my own good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Glad you like it! My twelve year old assembled the engine, helped by his older sister and me and the wife. Everybody installed two pistons each. Great family bonding event. Being a Mopar guy originanally, i always wondered what all the hubbub was about concernng the M22 whine. Sounded just like a Chrysler A833 four speed.

By the way, she runs on regular gas...no need for premium!

The Following User Says Thank You to West Coast GTO For This Useful Post: