THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:23 PM

Default ups to canada

Anyone know why businesses in the US are changing to using only ups to ship to Canada ? They are the worst for us . They crucify us on brokerage!!!

Old 04-21-2022, 03:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No idea. I used Fed Ex and they were so easy when shipping parts to my friends in Canada. I will have to look into this, got a few things to ship.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure that they offer a volume discount to vendors that will use them exclusively. I can't stand UPS. We call them "OOPS". They lose my shipments, when they do show up the box is destroyed and pieces have fallen out. Then they charge you a brokerage fee for the privilege. I ask every seller to use anybody but UPS. If they refuse, then I have to factor in the brokerage fee to determine if I want the part or not.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use Global Post to Canada and overseas, have been now for at least a year.

Pretty much hassle free and not one single issue to date. UPS is costly with brokerage fees and sometimes they would charge the customer and hit my account do "double dipping".

USPS handles the first leg for Global Post, not sure what other affiliation they have together but so far not a single issue. They are also less expensive than the other carriers........

https://www.goglobalpost.com/contact...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 04-21-2022, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camarox View Post
Anyone know why businesses in the US are changing to using only ups to ship to Canada ? They are the worst for us . They crucify us on brokerage!!!
My guess;

They don't care about Canadian business.

All jokes aside, we are (last time I checked) less than the population of California, and probably a veritable fart in the wind.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)