Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-14-1999, 10:46 AM

Wenzler Performance
Oak Creek, Wi
414-764-4586

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 12-14-1999, 10:46 AM

Wenzler Performance
Oak Creek, Wi
414-764-4586

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 12-24-1999, 12:24 AM
Senior Chief

I can't leave Larry out...thanks to him I have a great set of aluminum heads. I am the proud owner of a set of KRE massaged High Ports that are very nice. I am looking forward to getting the Super Chiefs for my IA block......g e t t i n g r e a d y to g o a b i t f a s t e r !

Thanks again
Paul Rash

Old 12-26-1999, 04:48 PM

I think congratulations is in order for Larry Wenzler for producing a product like the Super Chiefs at a very reasonable price. Here is what he made;
  1. <LI> Intake spacer cast into head to allow use of standard intake manifolds. You must drill four holes in standard manifolds as the outermost mounting holes have been moved 1/2" outward.
    <LI> Raised exhaust ports (custom headers required) - ( He can supply exhaust plate flanges)
    <LI> Raised Intake ports that can flow up to 400 cfm.
    <LI> They accept up to 2.30 intake valves and 1.80 exhausts.
    <LI> Unique new combustion chamber for an excellent power.
    <LI> Rocker shaft system must be used.
    <LI> One pair of fully machined heads with seats and guides installed.
Here is what he's asking for a pair of Super Chief heads. $1,379.00 Now we have the kind of heads that most of us can only dream about. The Power potential is unlimited with the Super Chiefs and the new Indian Adventures Block. What a combo!!! WOW!!! I just can't believe it. Now we have great heads at a great price. Take a look for yourselves. Happy Pontiac New Year.
http://www.Execpc.com/~lewenz/schief1.htm

Old 12-27-1999, 01:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice pics. Even nicer price. Life is getting very good for those of us into very hi performance Pontiac engines. Cant wait to see KRE do some testing on these at the track.

Old 12-27-1999, 02:00 AM

I could not agree more with you Mr. Mcqueen!

Old 12-27-1999, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott. Understood. Larry's castings are best described as diamonds in the rough. It does indeed take special skills and experience to get the most out of them. The major point I was making is that this head gets our hobby to previously unattainable performance levels. As individual hobbyists, we can contract to have a billet crank made, or a set of billet rods or full custom pistons. A sheet metal intake. These pieces are not hard to get. The 2 things we cannot do as individuals is make a block or a set of heads. Those efforts require a significant investment of time, effort, planning and money. Not to mention headaches. Thanks to a small and dedicated group of people, we are now able to do things that we couldnt even dream about as little as 3 years ago. That should bring a grin to all our faces.

Old 12-27-1999, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott R, Thanks for taking the time, and giving us some really goof info. I wonder what the cost of completing a set of the new super chief heads would be, from what you have described, sounds like it would be in the 7000.00 range. I have a friend who bought a bare set of the Wenzler ll heads they
cost him 6100.00 fully ported. The casting were so rough the company who did the heads said they would never touche another set, problems is word is getting out, and you may find it hard to find a company interested in doing a set, if you do be ready to pay big bucks.

Old 12-27-1999, 06:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gach, I hope you meant "good" info.
Anyway, anyone who paid $6100 for a set of series 2 heads took it up the...well....let's say tailpipe. My series 2 heads cost less than $3500 new and that is with the rocker shafts. (They are about $850 alone). I was not the original purchaser, but I am friends with him. (I got them CHEEEEAP.)
On my last trip out to KRE,(in Nov.) I brought a deposit for another friend on a set of high ports and the total cost was $4100 out the door with rocker shafts and a few extras thrown in. (sorry, Mark, I peeked at the invoice)
I think the debate over Eheads or Wenzlers can go on forever. They are both great heads, both with advantages and disadvantages.
My next motor will be a IA block with a big slug and a 4.00" stroke Moldex crank. I'm not sure if I'll use high ports or Super Chief heads but it will be a Wenzler, only because I trust KRE and they haven't steered me wrong yet.
PS. winter sucks, I have my new tube frame race car sitting there finally complete and all I can do is look at it....Happy New Year to all

Old 12-27-1999, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, Picky Picky :-) KRE is the best when it comes to Wenzler heads, their moving the Pontiac world to greater hights. I've been told they can produce a set of Super Chief heads for around 6100.00. Looking forward to seeing what these heads can do, on one of those 619 cid block's.Hey who's knows we may have a Pontiac in the 7's this year.

Old 01-06-2000, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not in to the drag scene as deep as some of you, and I do not have any experience with Wenzler heads, but I noticed these new Super Chiefs have angled plugs- one more nice feature for maximum combustion eff.- Also, KRE has always done me right and I'm sure we'll have a 7 sec Poncho as soon as Jeff gets these monsters out.

------------------
John